We're a TMCX Five Star Award Winning Collector Site
to the home of Military Fighting Knives. Many of you
know us through our old knife lists and we appreciate your continued support. If
you collect fighting knives we think you'll enjoy what we have to offer. From the
common to the rare and historic, we cater to every collector. We hope you
enjoy this site and will visit it often. Please feel free to contact John at email@example.com or Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance. Click here to see our Terms of
"NOTE" If you would like to receive an email every time the site is updated, please click here email@example.com and let John know. From then on you will be notified when changes are made to the site.
NEXT SITE UPDATE: Sunday 24 JAN 2021 at 08:30 AM EST I am adding this feature so that everyone will know when the next update will occur and not wait on my update email to view the new listings.
SOLD ITEMS: All knives are available when the site is updated and are sold on a first-come first-serve basis. As knives are spoken for I immediately mark them sold.
|LAST UPDATE: 17 JAN 2021|
Knives John's Knives Miscellaneous
Send us your "Want" list !!!
The following items are being sold by Gary Ruleford firstname.lastname@example.org
Note : Just to be clear… Any new knives are listed in the consignor’s personal listings, and not necessarily at the top of this page.
REDUCED PRICES ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW
1. SOLD------------------------------Consignment ~ HQ ~ Very RARE NMC Jet Pilots Knife. MINT knife. Pommel marked NMC 7-80. Minty original sheath marked NORDAC MANUFACTURING CORPORATION. The only example that I have ever had. Quite the unicorn of Jet Pilot Knives. $450
2. Consignment HQ 111 ~ M-9 LAN-CAY Bayonet. 2nd contract 1995 with black oxide blade. Unissued condition. Blade covered with oil. $195
3. Consignment ~ DM ~ Belgium Fighting Knife. 8 !/2” blade made from a British bayonet stamped “SANDERS BROS. & NEWBOUND SHEFIELD.” Same as shown in Frederick J. Stevens Book of Fighting Knives, Pg. #30. 3” oval disk guard with wood handle engraved RONEY. No sheath. $275
4. Consignment ~ DM ~ WWII Theater Made in New Caledonia. This piece is unmarked. No sheath. See Bill Wright’s book on Theater Made Knives of WWII, Page 138. 8 ¼” double edged blade. $295
5. SOLD------------------------------------Consignment ~ DM ~ Marine Parachutist Knife with original M-6 Style Sheath. Back of sheath is marked, but I cannot make out what it says. 5 ½” blade shows slight sharpening and is lightly engraved “BCDaa.” We have seen this on other knives of this pattern. Guard, handle and brass pommel are tight. This is a great example of this model knife and sheath. $550
6. Consignment ~ DM ~ A very unusual LF&C Fighting/Hunting Knife. The double guard says “Fighting Knife,” but it could be a utility knife like the MK-1. 5” blade. “Shadow” style metal handle appears to be cast onto the blade. We only know of two of these in captivity. $295
7. Consignment ~ GJ ~ WWII Mideast Death Head Knuckle Knife. It is 10 ½ overall with a 5 ½” double edged blade. Patinated brass handle with 4 points. Riveted leather sheath. Rare knuckle knife. $1095
8. Consignment ~ MH ~ Presentation Buffalo Bill Knife attributed to MAC V SOG SFC Rex L. Jaco. Mint condition presented piece with letter from Jason Hardy. Awesome piece of SOG/Vietnam War history. $2100
9. Consignment ~ MH ~ Vietnam Era McEvoy Tru-balance Battle Blade.
7 ¼” blade, minty set. Original sheath. $175
10. Consignment ~ MH ~ SOG Presentation Round Tip Bolo. “PRESENTED SSG ROBERT SKINNER SOA (CCC) 5TH SFGA, KONTUM VIETNAM” with original wood wall mounting plaque. Included are copied of his orders for a SILVER STAR, photo of him and his MIKE Force, as well as a letter from Jason Hardy – Special Forces historian. $1600
11. Consignment ~ MH ~ SOG Presentation Bolo. Presented to Command Sergeant Major Willie L. Brown, CSM 3rd Ordinance BN- Long Bin RVN 1971-1972. Included original wood wall mounting stand with metal presentation plaque and 9 metal DI “Beer Cans” across the top of stand. $750
12. Consignment ~ MH ~ Rare Milpar aluminum handle 5” Jet Pilots Knife. Plated or polished blade. Proper scabbard and stone. All MINTY. Tough knife to find. $850
13. Consignment ~ MH ~ Mike Silvey 8” Custom Bladed Knife with wooden handle and wooden sheath. Very high quality workmanship. Made in
14. Consignment ~ MH ~ Mike Silvey Custom “SKAGEL TYPE” Fighter. 8 ¼” blade. Brass guard, leather and fiber handle with a stag butt and an exposed tang. $415
15. Consignment ~ MH ~ Mike Silvey made custom fighting knife. 8 ¼” blade. Walrus ivory handle. Made in 2014. Silvey leather sheath. MINT. $440
16. Consignment ~ MH ~ WWII Era Knife Crafters sword knife. Unique with a 5 ½” blade. Blade is in perfect condition with zero spotting or corrosion. Guard is marked “HOWARD SNADERS” on one edge and “H.K.S.” on the other edge. Leather handle is in excellent plus condition and marked with the Knife Crafters logo. Scabbard also marked with Knife Crafters logo. Excellent plus piece overall. $800
17. Consignment ~ MH ~ SOG Marine Recon. Round pommel version, NEAR MINT condition. Blade marked. KIFFEE JAPAN. Original 4 rivet sheath. Beautiful example. $700
18. Consignment ~ MH ~ 1st Special Service Force Case V-42. Knife is in near MINT condition retaining 100% original Case bluing. Unsharpened blade retains its needle sharp point. Pommel retains sharp point on skull crusher. Handle is 100% with no cracks, dings or dents. Guard retains 100% of the leather backing. This piece comes with a very nice reproduced sheath as well as an original showing more use. $5500
19. Consignment ~ MH ~ SOG Presentation Round Tip Bolo. Presented to CSM Myron Bowser, SOA (CCC) 5th SFGA, KONTUM Vietnam. Command Sergeant Major Bowser is pictured in Sutherland’s Special Forces of the United States Army 1952-82, Page 286. Copy of page is included with the original picture of CSM Bowser and 5 issues of “Special Forces” magazine, “Liberator”. Bolo is in MINT condition. This is a “One of a kind” piece of SOG history! $1600
20. Consignment ~ MH ~ Ultra Rare WWII OSS Escape Knife. No 5 Standard issue Escape Knife. Described in Cole’s Book III, Page 158. Believed made by Joseph Rogers & Sons. Main blade has been sharpened some. Wire cutter, metal saw & 4th blade are as issued. Double bail. Small bit of corrosion on outside scales. $1300
21. Consignment ~ MH ~ Mission MPK. OD green with two types of sheaths (old and new) included in original boxes. $1525
22. Consignment ~ MH ~ Vietnam Special Forces Square Tip NATA. Near mint with proper scabbard. One nick in the edge of the blade. $160
23. Consignment ~ MH ~ Mission MPT (Titanium) #26 of 100 1997, in original shipping box. 100% MINT. $875
24. Consignment ~ MH ~ Mission MPF Non Magnetic Titanium Folder. MINT in original box with original wax paper. $550
25. Consignment ~ MH ~ Vietnam Era Tru-Bal Battle Blade made by Harry McEvoy. 7 ½” Blade. Original sheath. MINT condition. $150
26. Consignment ~ HQ ~ WWII Conversion of what I think was a S.A. or RIA 16” bayonet. Barrel ring was removed and the clip point blade was expertly shortened to 7”. The maker’s name, date and serial number have been removed. A very cool theater made piece and very sharp. Scabbard is the type that we have seen on several WWII knives. Scabbard is solid, but shows a lot of use…the finish on the knife appears blue, or a near black Parkerizing.
27. Consignment ~ HQ95 ~ USM-7 Ontario Bayonet. Excellent plus condition. Shows some wear on the spine of the blade. Retains about 98% of the original finish on all metal. Proper M8A1 scabbard. $60
28. Consignment ~ HQ38 ~ USM-4 Imperial Bayonet. Full blade retains about 50% Parkerizing. A small bit of corrosion o one side at the tip. Some careful sharpening. Guard is slightly loose. Plastic grips. Proper post WWII M8A1 scabbard. $50
29. Consignment ~ HQ50 ~ Camillus U.S.N. MKII. WWII vintage. 50% finish remaining on the full blade. Careful sharpening. Guard, handle and pommel are 95% and solid. Scabbard is post WWII variety and black in color. $75
30. Consignment ~ HQ ~ 105 ~ WAFFENFABRIK NEUHAUSEN ~ Swiss M1889/11 Bayonet. Polished version. SCHMIDT RUBIN. Blued scabbard retains leather tab. $110
31. Consignment ~ HQ ~ R ~ British 1907 SMLE Bayonet made by Wilkinson Sword. 17” blade has zero nicks, sharpening or corrosion. Blade, guard and pommel are near 100%. Left grip has some wear, while the right grip is like new….Proper black leather scabbard has no cracks. Metal throat and chape has very little finish remaining but they are tight with no looseness at the staples. $90
32. Consignment ~ HQ ~ R ~ WWII TL-29 Lineman’s Tool made by Kutmaster. TL-29 designation is light, but visible. Main blade shows some staining but is unsharpened. No corrosion or sharpening. The screw driver blade still retains the instructions on how to unlock that blade. No sharpening. Wood scales are excellent plus. Bail is intact. $25
33. Consignment ~ RQ ~ Gerber Orange Handled Set. Command I and Command II. This information form John Sabol’s awesome website MilitaryCarryKnives.com.
“These knives were made in sets of two, a Command I and Command II. Supposedly the sets were made for UDT Government Divers and only 12 sets were made. (See MILITARY KNIVES, M.H. COLE, BOOK IV, Page 57.) These sets came without boxes or sheaths. These knives have several interesting features. First, the handles don’t have the typical non-reflective Armorhide finish but are painted with a higher gloss crinkle finish. However, the color is almost identical to the Orange Handled Mark II knives. Second, the blades are not fixed into the handles with the standard epoxy. Instead, a bonding agent which has a metallic silver color is used. This material is possibly more salt-water resistant. (It is known that epoxy joints will lose strength when exposed to high humidity, salt water or high temperatures.)”
Thank you to John Sabol for this information….
Condition MINT save one nick on the Command II handle. (Mr. Cole referred to these as MKII knives, but they are actually Command I & II knives.)
34. Consignment ~ RQ ~ Vietnam Era Canadian Arsenal shotgun 1917 bayonet and scabbard. Both are in mint condition. Scarce bayonet. $235
35. Consignment ~NK~ 8.28 ~ 1918 Plumb Bolo with proper A-K-CO sheath. Blade retains 80% or better of the bluing, and has been carefully sharpened. Grips appear to me to be replacements.
36. Consignment ~NK~ 5/22 ~ Vietnam Era Buffalo Bill Knife. Absolutely Mint. Customary plated blade is in perfect condition. 9 ½” blade. Nickel silver choil, and native wood handle is tight and in perfect condition.
37. Consignment ~ GS~ WWII 3rd Pattern F/S. Guard marked “ENGLAND.” Pommel area marked with “1”. 6 ¾” blade has some sharpening and some light pitting, about 70% blue. Replaced scabbard.
38. Consignment ~ JH~ Vietnam Era Extremely Rare “Shining Brass” Buffalo Bill Presentation Knife. Engraved blade reads, “SSG KENNETH GARDENER, FOB #2, 1966-1967”. As you know, “Shining Brass” was the project designation for clandestine incursions into Laos by SOG. (Silvey, Vietnam, Pgs. 46, 47, 49. 9 ¾” blade is polished on the engraved side. Plated on both sides. Excellent plus condition. Spots on the blade are not rust or pitting, just spots.
"Note: I Am Always Interested In Buying Your Collection"
REDUCED PRICES ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW
SOLD--------------------------------M.H. Cole Mark 2 Style
Knife-----Mint----Exact Knife Pictured On Page 108 of Mike Silvey's WWII
Book. The blade is 6 1/2" long and mint. The underside of the brass guard is
marked "M H COLE". It has a leather handle and brass pommel. It comes with
the original mint scabbard that has the Cole markings on the
back.--------Mint & Super Rare------$ 3750.00
2. WWII Kabar USMC----Minty-----The
blade is 7" long and unused. It has the light grey parkerized finish (some
call it a blue wash finish). It is marked "Ka-Bar" at the ricasso. These
were USMC issue. The leather handle is clean and solid. It has the rare
rectangular peened pommel. It comes with the original unmarked Boyt scabbard
that is complete. Ref: Walters--US & Allied Military Knives pg 429 #5------Minty------$
SOLD----------------------------------WWII Australian Knuckle
Knife-----Exc------The blade is 8 1/2" long with no sharpening. It has some
age spotting on one side (probably from the sheath) and the other side is
unused. The knuckle handle has no damage. It comes with an excellent sewn &
riveted sheath that is complete. Ref: Cole IV pg 37------Exc----$ 650.00
4. WWII Short M6 Style Sheath Made
for Knife shown in Cole IV-----Exc ------The M6 style sheath is 11 1/4" long
overall and is complete. These small sheaths were made by Barwood and are
super tough to find by themselves. The knife that goes with this sheath is
shown on page 186 of Cole IV-----Exc------$ 250.00
5. WWII 2nd Pattern F/S------Minty
F/S-----The blade is 6 3/8" long and unused. The guard has the Broad Arrow
B2 and England mark. The 2nd Pattern knurled handle is unused. The tang nut
has not been messed with. It comes with an original scabbard that has some
wear and is missing the elastic.-------Minty F/S------$ 725.00
6. Mission 10-Inch Titanium MPK
With High Polish Blade----Minty-----Less than 45 made-----The high polish
serrated blade is 5 5/8" long and marked "MPK / Mission" at the ricasso. It
comes with the original mint scabbard that is complete with rubber leg
straps. Also included is a letter from Homer Brett detailing the use of the
knife. The letter is dated 2001.--------Minty and Very Scarce-------$ 625.00---------$550.00
SOLD-----------------------------------------Vietnam Buck Model
120--General-----Mint------1961-1967------The blade is 7 3/4" long and
unused. It is marked "BUCK" at the ricasso. The handle has no damage. It
comes with the original Buck marked scabbard that is complete. ------Nice
Early Buck------$ 250.00
8. WWII Camillus Mark 1------Exc
Plus-----The blade is 5" long and unused. There is a wear area on the back
side from the sheath. It is marked "Camillus / N.Y." on one side and the
large "U.S.N." on the other. The leather handle is clean and solid. The
black plastic pommel is tight. It comes with the original minty scabbard
that is complete. Ref: Cole III pg 76 #3-------Exc Plus------$ 250.00
SOLD-----------------------------------------WWII Cattaraugus 225Q-----Exc
Plus------The blade is 6" long and unused. The leather handle is clean and
solid. It comes with the original scabbard that has 3 stitches separated,
otherwise it is complete. Ref: Cole III pg 65-----Exc Plus----$ 165.00
10. WWII Case V-44 Survival
Knife------The blade is 9 3/8" long with some use and light sharpening. The
brass guard wiggles a little. The handle is solid and has a name lightly
scratched into it. It comes with the original scabbard that has a tie down
and appears to have had a grip strap at one time. Ref: Cole III pg
SOLD-------------------------------------Prototype Mark 2 UDT Scabbard &
Vietnam Camillus Mark 2----Exc Plus----The blade is 7" long with scabbard
wear. It has the early Camillus mark at the ricasso. The dark brown leather
handle is unused. It comes with a Prototype Mark 2 scabbard that has a
surface scratch on the face but otherwise it is complete. Ref: Cole IV pg
81------Exc Plus-----$ 250.00
13. Vietnam Buffalo Bill
Knife-----Mint-----The bright blade is 9 1/2" long and unused. The wood
handle has no damage. These knives were used during Vietnam as Presentation
pieces. Ref: Silvey Vietnam pg 49-----Minty Scarce Knife-------$ 485.00--------$375.00
14. M9 Bayonet By Marto---Minty----The
Stainless blade is 7 1/8" long and unused. It has the "M 9" mark on one side
and "U.S.A. / Pat. No. / 4,821,356" mark on the other side. It comes with a
scabbard that was made from parts supplied by China. These M9 Bayonets were made from left over parts in late
1992 to early 1993 in Spain by Marto. -------------$
15. Vietnam Milpar Pilot
Knife------The blade is 4 7/8" long with use and sharpening. It is marked "MILPAR"
at the ricasso. The parkerized finish was removed. The leather handle is
clean and solid. It comes with the original scabbard that is complete. It
has a stone shaped piece of wood in the stone pocket (don't know why). Ref:
Cole III pg 148-------$ 135.00
Gerber LMF II Survival Knife------Mint-----The serrated blade is 5" long and
unused. It comes with the original mint scabbard with leg
17. Vietnam Hackman Butterfly
Knife----The blade is 3 1/2" long with use and heavy sharpening. The handle
has the Hackman mark. ---------$ 85.00
The Following Knives Have Been Sold---They Are Just Waiting To Be Received:
1967 Cant Blade Gerber-----Exc-----The blade is 6 3/4" long with some sharpening marks. The
blade is in excellent condition with an early full cant, serial number
"001885" and no rust or pitting. The guard, fusal (cat tongue) handle and
pommel have rub marks on both sides. I assume it was mounted on his gear and
rubbed on other gear. It comes with the original scabbard that has the 2
line address and early staples at the throat. There are a couple surface
cracks on the strap---looks like from heat. As the pictures show, the cracks
are just on the surface. The sheath also has the original leather lacings.
Nice early Gerber------$ 2500.00
SOLD-----------------------------------------WWII M3 Pal With Unmarked M6 Barwood Scabbard-----Exc Plus-----The blade is 6 5/8" long and unused.
The guard has the Pal mark. The leather handle is clean and solid. The
pommel has the ordnance mark. It comes with an unmarked Barwood M6 scabbard
that is in excellent condition, just never got marked or had the belt hooks
put in. Ref: Cole III pg 97 #19 and pg 106 #1---------$ 850.00
SOLD--------------------------------------Argentine Commando Knuckle
Knife-----Exc---The double edge blade is 7 1/2" long and in excellent
condition. The knuckle bow and guard appear to be aluminum. The handle is
wood with finger grooves. It comes with the original scabbard that is
complete. Ref: Brett---The Military Knife & Bayonet pg 49-------Exc------$
SOLD-----------------------------------------Milpar M5 Fighter----Exc----The
Milpar M5A1 blade is 6 5/8" long with some wear at the tip. The pommel is
marked "A / 7737". It comes with a M-5 marked leather scabbard that has a
small cut at the throat on one side from the blade. Otherwise it is
complete. Ref: Cole IV pg 181-------$ 135.00
A NEW BOOK: “Knuckle Knives of the Second World War by Greg Aloisio. Hard cover, large format, 346 pages with some never before seen vintage photos. Over 200 knuckle knife examples are reviewed and discussed. Contact Greg at email@example.com for purchase. Cost is $72.50 (PayPal, check or money order) shipped anywhere in the United States. International buyers shipping will vary”. A limited printing of 350 copies.
NEW BOOK OUT: U.S. and
ALLIED MILITARY KNIVES WORLD WAR
II Book Two
is NOW available. Book two at
676 pages is about 2 ¼” thick.
If you are a collector of US,
British, Australian and New
Zealand knives, Books One and
Two are the only reference books
that you will need. The full
page, color photos of the knives
and sheaths are excellent. The
book quality is outstanding.
It was printed by Josten’s in
Clarksville, TN., home of the
101st Airborne and
PLEASE NOTE! IF YOU DIDN’T GET A COPY OF BOOK ONE OR WOULD JUST LIKE TO PURCHASE ANOTHER COPY, I WILL INCLUDE A COPY OF BOOK ONE FOR THE WHOLESALE COST OF $65, when purchased with BOOK TWO. THE TOTAL COST FOR BOTH BOOK ONE AND BOOK TWO IS $282 SHIPPED in the US.
A NEW BOOK OUT ON: “THE MODEL 1918 MARK 1 TRENCH KNIFE AND VARIATIONS" by Greg Aloisio, 306 pages, hardcover large format. Many never before seen period photos with the knife being worn as well as the examination of the various makers by distinguishing differences in maker’s marks and font patterns. (John's comment: Outstanding book for the beginning and advanced collector)
Book is priced at $55 plus shipping and handling. Limited printing of 300 copies. Contact Greg at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A NEW BOOK--"US and Allied Military Knives, M3’s and M4’s”, a new book on M3’s and M4’s is now available.
There are almost 200 pages, with 140 full page, color photos. This book includes all the known M3 trench knife, M6 sheath and M4 knife-bayonet variations. It also includes descriptions of the knives and sheaths.
Written by Bill Walters with input from Vince Coniglio, this is the most comprehensive book to date on M3’s and M4’s.
This book was proudly printed in the USA.
The cost of the book is $116, including Priority Mail shipping for one book. For those of you wanting more than one copy or residing outside the US, please contact Bill to get a shipping estimate.
This additional information came from fellow collector Kerry Gordon. (thanks Kerry)
I just thought that you might like to know that you weren't the only one ever caught with one of these - not only do I have the French version but I also have one with the Belgian Rampant Lion stamped into the hilt.
The real give away with these is that the blade tang doesn't run all the way through the pommel nut, there's about two threads empty at the end of the nut. The other thing is that the brass pommel nuts are painted with gloss black paint rather than blackened.
Someone spent a lot of time and effort on these, the blades are tinned under the blackening and the hilts are blackened brass that is reasonable well checkered.
For information or questions contact:
Send us your
Send us your "top three" wants for your collection, that way we will know what you are looking for. Send your wants to both Gary and John.
Terms of Sale
For Items Bought From John's
*Personal Checks, Bank Checks, Money Orders
*Western Union Direct Deposit
*Standard 3 Day Inspection Period
*Buyer Pays All Postage & Insurance
For Items Bought From Gary's List
*Payment in certified funds (Bank Checks, Money Orders)
*PAYPAL Accepted (except for knuckle knives, switchblades,
butterfly knives and other Paypal prohibited knives)
* Standard three day Inspection Period
* Buyer Pays all postage and insurance
These items are sold as a
historical and collectible items only. The items are warranted to be as described and
shown in the photographs. No guarantee or warranty is expressed or implied as to the
usability of the items for its original purpose. The buyer, certifies that he or she is of
lawful age and is not prevented by any law from the purchase or possession of these items.
The buyer is responsible for knowing, understanding and obeying all International,
Federal, State and Local laws concerning the purchase and possession of these items.
Back to Top
Military & Antique Knives
John Sabol's Gerber Mark II Site
U.S. Military Knives
The Dog Tag
Vietnam War Militaria
Elite Military Knives
M9 Bayonet-Survival Knife
From the Collection of John Gibson