We're a TMCX Five Star Award Winning Collector Site
to the home of Military Fighting Knives. Many of you
know us through our old knife lists and we appreciate your continued support. If
you collect fighting knives we think you'll enjoy what we have to offer. From the
common to the rare and historic, we cater to every collector. We hope you
enjoy this site and will visit it often. Please feel free to contact John at email@example.com or Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance. Click here to see our Terms of
"NOTE" If you would like to receive an email every time the site is updated, please click here email@example.com and let John know. From then on you will be notified when changes are made to the site.
NEXT SITE UPDATE: Sunday 21 JAN 2018 at 08:30 AM EST I am adding this feature so that everyone will know when the next update will occur and not wait on my update email to view the new listings.
SOLD ITEMS: All knives are available when the site is updated and are sold on a first-come first-serve basis. As knives are spoken for I immediately mark them sold.
|LAST UPDATE: 14 JAN 2018|
Knives John's Knives Miscellaneous
Send us your "Want" list !!!
The following items are being sold by Gary Ruleford firstname.lastname@example.org
Note : RECENTLY REDUCED PRICES
ARE IN RED
1. Consignment ~ BB ~ Marbles 6” Jet Pilot Knife. Absolutely MINT with minty sheath, stone and leg tie-downs. Hard to upgrade this one unless you had the box. Silvey Vietnam Pg. 119. $1395
2. Consignment ~ BB ~ Model 1832 Foot Soldiers Artillery Sword by Ames. Dated 1839. Authenticating this sword is above my pay-grade. Even after a couple of hours on the Internet, I can say that it seems that there are more reasons to think that it is legit than to say that it is not. Sword is in excellent condition. Blade appears to have a tiny crack just above the eagle on the ricasso. Scabbard shows drying and cracking, but it remains very solid. Note all of the photos and markings. Examples online are from $1200 to $4000. We are going with the lower end. $1200
3. Consignment ~ BB ~ Western Cutlery G-46 8” fighting/utility knife. Near mint with proper double stitched scabbard. Beautiful example of Western’s quality products. $595
4. Consignment ~ BB ~ Western Cutlery L-77 Blue Blade. Near MINT. Proper double stitched scabbard. Another beautiful example. $795
5. Consignment ~ BB ~ Marbles Jet Pilot Prototype. Marbles states that their 1956 prototype was made from a modified 5” EXPERT and supplied with a commercial 5” EXPERT Marbles sheath. Proper Ferro Bluing on blade, guard and pommel. “Roller Coaster” stamping on ricasso. Blade is unsharpened and retains nearly 100% finish. Not a “one of a kind” knife but darned close to it. $1250
6. Consignment ~ BB ~ SOG Presentation Bolo. Presented to Command Sergeant Major Willie L. Brown, CSM 3rd Ordinance BN- Long Bin RVN 1971-1972. Included original wood wall mounting stand with metal presentation plaque and 9 metal DI “Beer Cans” across the top of stand. $935
7. Consignment ~ BB ~ PUGH #10 SR1007. MINT condition. This is the exact knife shown on page 122 of “Silvey Vietnam Knives”. 6 1/8” blade. Johnson scabbard. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM. $2750
8. Consignment ~ BB ~ SOG Presentation Western Bowie with rosewood handle. (Pre 1968 without D-ring sheath.) Engraved “MACV SOG BRIGHT LIGHT 1965-SP4 J. WHITING”. Near MINT. Original Western scabbard.
9. Consignment ~ BB ~ 5th Special Forces Group Presentation Stiletto. Japan Sword. 95% condition. A small bit of plating discoloring on the opposite side of the blade from the engraving at the tip. $770
10. Consignment ~ BB ~ Western Cutlery 6” Shark Knife. 99%. Blue blade. Near MINT. Some discoloring at the ricasso. I’m sure that this was a result of the original bluing process. See pictures. Proper double stitched scabbard. $325
11. Consignment ~ BB ~ Round Tip Bolo. Later version with black painted finish. Original scabbard with 3 rivets at the throat. Original shipping box and plastic outer wrap. $400
12. Consignment ~ BB ~ WII Smatchet. Mill scale blue blade and steel fixtures on wood handle with original leather stitched scabbard. Near MINT example with unsharpened MINT blade. $1155
13. Consignment ~ BB ~ WWII Shop Made Knuckle Knife. 9 1/2” double edge blade. Handle and knuckle bow are all covered with sewn leather. All leather is in excellent condition. Leather scabbard, tooled in front and marked RLD. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM. $605
14. Consignment ~ BB ~ Conetta, MKII. About 95% condition. Proper Scabbard.
15. Consignment ~ BB ~ WWII Era John EK Knife. Model 1, number G192. Knife is in the original box with the original “YOUR SILENT PARTNER” handbook. Box is serial numbered to the knife. The other end of the box appears to be actually signed by John Ek. (Hard to read, but it is there) and 1944. Also the knife was apparently made for (also on box end) “Pvt. George Alexander.” The knife was likely never delivered as it came out of the John Ek estate…?? Near mint condition. Very cool piece. $2500
16. Consignment ~ BB ~ Collins #18 V-44 Raider Knife. Green horn handle. Proper tooled Collins #13 sheath. Both pieces are in excellent condition. Zero corrosion on the blade. A few small scratches toward the left side tip. Handle horn is excellent plus. $585
17. Consignment ~ BB ~ U.S. M.S.I. MKII. Proper scabbard marked 588 stencil on front. Blade is carefully sharpened and retains about 65% of the original parkerizing. Handle and sheath are 100%. A tough knife to find. $185
18. Consignment ~ BB ~ An extremely rare U.S. Army Counterintelligence Knife. Made for the “342 Military Intelligence Co. (DIV)” unit. One of, at the most, 70 pieces ordered by a SPECIAL FORCES OFFICER. I have heard of this knife, but it is the first one that I have actually seen. Hollow ground blade is unsharpened with a needle sharp tip. ¼” steel construction. Highly crafted. Unique “342 SPYBUSTERS” coffee cup included. Also Gary Boyd explains the background in his Collector’s Corner column.
19. Consignment ~ BB ~ W-49 Western Bowie with grouping from Lt JG Dwight Heldreth. W-49 is presented on left side, along with his U.S. “NAVY ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL” ( with combat “V” ) in original box ,His medal certificate, as well as his “SP” arm band and his club and holster. Very cool grouping and knife. $635
20. Consignment ~ BB ~ Rare Milpar aluminum handle 5” Jet Pilots Knife. Plated or polished blade. Proper scabbard and stone. All MINTY. Tough knife to find. $1200
21. Consignment ~ BB ~ WWII Era Camillus MKII, U.S.N. blade marked with U.S.N. marked sheath. Knife is unsharpened and near MINT. Sheath is excellent plus. $245
22. Consignment ~ BB ~ Western L-77, Bright Blade. Steel guard. Excellent PLUS condition with proper L-77 sheath. $795
23. Consignment ~ BB ~ KA-BAR MKII USN Blade Marked. Rare “blue wash” blade finish. Unsharpened. Thick pommel peened tang. Early leather sheath is excellent, but is missing one rivet at the throat. $375
24. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Silvey Slip Joint Folder. Elk horn handle. Made in 2014. 5” blade. MINT condition. $385
25. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom “SKAGEL TYPE” Fighter. 8 ¼” blade. Brass guard, leather and fiber handle with a stag butt and an exposed tang. $600
26. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom Dagger. 7 3/8” dagger blade with walrus ivory handle. Brass guard and pommel. $660
27. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom 7” Dagger with bone/leather handle. Crown stag pommel with exposed tank. Double brass guard. Heavy tooled scabbard. Made 1010. A real badass dagger of the highest quality.
28. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom Fighter. 7” long, ¼” thick blade. SAMBAR stag handle. Highest quality craftsmanship. Made 2014 riveted sheath is numbered to the knife. $625
29. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom Fighter/Hunter with a spear point folding blade in the stag handle. 7” main blade. Made in 2010. Silvey made sheath. $440
30. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey made custom fighting knife. 8 ¼” blade. Walrus ivory handle. Made in 2014. Silvey leather sheath. MINT. $660
31. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom Fighter. 7 ½” blade, brass guard. Multi colored spacers, leather, crown stag. Made in 2007. Tooled scabbard. MINT. $550
32. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Boot Knife. 4 ¾” Blade. Wood handle. Tooled sheath. MINT. Made 2006. $165
33. Consignment ~ DS ~ Presentation “Fat Guard” SOG Knife. Presented to CAPT. JAMES H. CORRELL II / FROM CCN 5th SFG A. Blade retaining about 98% of original deep bluing. Handle, guard and pommel are 100%. Original thong. Sheath is excellent and includes the original 2 tone grey stone. $2400
34. Consignment ~ DS ~ Iron Guard 6” SOG Knife. Blade retains about 90% of original bluing. 6 1/8” blade. Guard and pommel retain most all of their “plumb” finish. Proper “straight side” sheath is complete and in excellent condition. Includes proper two tone brown/tan stone. $2000
35. Consignment ~ DS ~ VIET NAM ADVISER KNIFE. Made in England.
6 1/8” bright double edge blade. Nickle silver (?) guard and pommel. Leather and stag handle. Correct sheath. Both minty. Silvey Vietnam Knives. $1850
36. Consignment ~ GJ ~ E.W. Stone, Commemorating the 75th Anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. This knife is numbered #02 of 24 to be made. Polished aluminum handle. Pearl eyes in the skull and tiny diamonds in the snake’s eyes. 8” blade of mid section of a Patton saber. Custom sheath and lanyard. Letter of authenticity from Stone, Jr. $695
37. Consignment ~ GJ ~ Knuckle Knife. Cast aluminum handle with 4 finger holes. 7” double edge blade similar to an Everitt blade WWII M8A1 scabbard. Nice condition. $450
38. Consignment PP ~ SOG Marine Recon. Round pommel version, NEAR MINT condition. Blade marked. KIFFEE JAPAN. Original 4 rivet sheath. Beautiful example. $935
39. Consignment ~ PP ~ MPK Mission High Visibility Orange Handle and Scabbard. #5 of 15 produced in original box. Details in a letter from Homer Bret. $2600
40. Consignment ~ PP ~ 1st Special Service Force Case V-42. Knife is in near MINT condition retaining 100% original Case bluing. Unsharpened blade retains its needle sharp point. Pommel retains sharp point on skull crusher. Handle is 100% with no cracks, dings or dents. Guard retains 100% of the leather backing. This piece comes with a very nice reproduced sheath as well as an original showing more use. $7400
41. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Era Bolo marked U.S. on the ricasso and KIFFE JAPAN on the guard. MINT condition in a minty LF&C 1918 Metal sheath. $150
42. Consignment ~ PP ~ SOG Presentation Round Tip Bolo. Presented to CSM Myron Bowser, SOA (CCC) 5th SFGA, KONTUM Vietnam. Command Sergeant Major Bowser is pictured in Sutherland’s Special Forces of the United States Army 1952-82, Page 286. Copy of page is included with the original picture of CSM Bowser and 5 issues of “Special Forces” magazine, “Liberator”. Bolo is in MINT condition. This is a “One of a kind” piece of SOG history! $1950
43. Consignment ~ PP ~ Ultra Rare WWII OSS Escape Knife. No 5 Standard issue Escape Knife. Described in Cole’s Book III, Page 158. Believed made by Joseph Rogers & Sons. Main blade has been sharpened some. Wire cutter, metal saw & 4th blade are as issued. Double bail. Small bit of corrosion on outside scales. $1750
44. Consignment ~ PP ~ Camillus Presentation Pilots Knife with mobile Riverine Force “beer can” on pommel. Right side engraved “U.S. NAVY HAL-3TF 117” (a helicopter rescue unit). Left side is engraved “SEAWOLVES”. Comes with mobile Riverine Force/Mekong Delta patch and HEL-3/5-Seawolves unit patch. Very rare “brown water” Navy set. $800
45. Consignment ~ PP ~ Conetta MKII. Unsharpened, uncarried condition. Scabbard stenciled “31” on front. $175
46. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam era TRU-BAL Bowie Axe. MINT condition in original MINT sheath. Made by Harry McEvoy. $300
47. Consignment ~ PP ~ Buck 120. Near MINT condition. $120
48. Consignment ~ PP ~ KA-BAR Bell (Deep Sea) Dive Knife. A few spots on the blade, saw teeth version. Original leather strap, solid handle with no cracks. A very rare piece in excellent plus condition. $1000
49. Consignment ~ PP ~ Colonial MK-1 Prototype. Clear plastic handle. MK-1 scabbard. No markings. Bright finish. $450
50. Consignment ~ PP ~ Mission MPK. OD green with two types of sheaths (old and new) included in original boxes. $1850
51. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Special Forces Square Tip NATA. Near mint with proper scabbard. One nick in the edge of the blade. $295
52. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Era (1961) Imperial Non Magnetic Dive Knife. This first contract knife is in near MINT condition with only one tiny nick on the cutting edge of the blade. Proper scabbard has several low MU test markings. $1760
53. Consignment ~ PP ~ Mission MPT (Titanium) #16 of 100 1997, in original shipping box. 100% MINT. $1100
54. Consignment ~ PP ~ Springfield Randall Type 1. Original sheath and stone. All elements are MINT or very close to mint. (Some very light scratches on one side.) How many out there could be this nice? $3500
55. Consignment ~ PP ~ Mission MPK-NS (no serrations) . Anodized titanium. Second shipment 1996. 1 of 25 produced, in original box, and shipping box. Letter from Homer Brett. $1375
56. Consignment ~ PP~ Western Shark. Bright blade is full. No sharpening marks. Bright steel guard. Handle is 100% with no cracking or loose washers. Pommel is 100% as well. One piece, double stitched original Western sheath. Excellent condition. $195
57. Consignment ~ PP ~ WWII Western V-44. Excellent plus condition with original excellent Western sheath. $1100
58. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Era Queen Recon Fighter. 7” blade is unsharpened. Stag handle does not have the crack that we often see. Near MINT knife. MKII sheath appears to be Vietnam era. “U.S.M.C.” marked at the throat with a snake image from top to bottom. Reference Silvey’s Vietnam Book, Pg. 139. $475
59. Consignment ~ PP ~ MPS Mission Knife. Unfinished prototype in sheath. Inscribed on handle “MP Prototype – R. Shultz 1995” and a finished P/T-MPS #15 of 55, pre-production knife with sheath. With documented letter from R. Shultz (2 knives). There is also an unfinished wood MPK handle signed by R. Shultz with this group. $750
60. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Era Parsons Prototype Knuckle Knife. Blade is covered with protective grease and cheese cloth. A MINT specimen! Blue FS blade. Handle is stamped Parsons on one side and #17 on the butt. This the same knife pictured on page 127 of Silvey’s Vietnam Knife book. Proof sheet from the book is included, as well as a letter from Kevin Parsons authenticating the knife. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM. $2000
61. Consignment~ PP ~ Complete set of “on shore” Beryllum, Non magnetic, non sparking EOD tools. Knife, pliers, cutting dikes and two probes. This is the first complete set that I have seen! Each piece is serial numbered as a set 2113228 with a suffix A thru E which you can see most of in the pictures. $395
62. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Era SOG Square Tip Bolo. Bolo is near mint. Scabbard has small flecks of paint missing from the metal and the leather keeper strap is missing. GI bootlace tong in handle. $650
63. Consignment ~ PP ~ Collins 127 Machete, Green Horn Handle Variety. Proper tooled original leather sheath. 17” blade is full. No rust or pitting some sharpening marks at the edge. Horn handle is excellent condition. $135
64. Consignment ~ PP ~ SOG/CIA Thaidam Bolo with original wood scabbard. Blade marked 1964 with STAR. MINT, unused knife. Paperwork included. This knife includes an article by Gary Boyd from Tactical Knives Magazine. Also includes photos of CIS Field officers and South Vietnamese “CIA: Counterparts wearing the knives. A short letter from Gary Boyd to John Gibson is included. Condition is MINT—PERFECT. This is the only one that I have ever seen. $750
65. Consignment ~ PP ~ Mission MPF Non Magnetic Titanium Folder. MINT in original box with original wax paper. $635
66. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Era Parsons Knuckle Knife. Unmarked handle. M-7 style blade. M8A1 sheath. Both near MINT. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM. $600
67. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Era Gerber Grey Handle, MKII. Very early 1972. Serial #023774. Sheath missing steel pocket and keeper strap. Knife and sheath are excellent plus (other than the missing scabbard parts). Wasp waist with fine serrations. $475
68. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Era Tru-Bal Battle Blade made by Harry McEvoy. 7 ½” Blade. Original sheath. MINT condition. $200
69. Consignment ~ PP ~ WWII SMATCHET. Bright blade version with steel fixtures on wood handle. Original leather scabbard in excellent condition both straps intact and working. Unsharpened MINT bright blade. $1000
70. Consignment ~ PP ~ Hackman Finland 7” Blade Fighter with original: fishhook, line, matches, surgical blade and sand paper inside of the handle. Knife and sheath are MINT. $475
71. Consignment ~ PP ~ Collins #18 V-44 Raider. Stained and slightly pitted blade. Very nice green horn handle. Proper Collins #13 scabbard in good condition. $400
72. Consignment ~ DF ~ U.S. M3 Aerial with MILSCO M-6 Scabbard. About 20% finish remaining on the full blade. No rust, pitting, grinding anywhere. Dark spots on the blade are NOT pitting. Very careful sharpening. Guard and pommel are tight and retain about 50% finish. Handle is 100% solid with no cracked or missing washers. MISLCO M-6 is dark but supple and flexible. No cracking. Stamping is very light but is there. All rivets are tight. A very nice example of an Aerial Marinette, Wis. M3. $795
73. Consignment ~ DF ~ Vietnam Era Camillus MKII. 98% condition overall. Proper brown scabbard. Ricasso marked US / CAMILLUS NY. Absolutely unsharpened. Brighter lines are scabbard marks. $175
74. Consignment ~ DF ~ USM-4 Bayonet for M1 & M2 and M1A1 Carbines. Utica Mfg. Handle, guard and pommel are 100%. Blade is full but only retinas about 60% of finish. M8A1 scabbard. $145
75. Consignment ~ DF ~ Vietnam Era Experimental Divers Scabbard for MKII Camillus or Utica Knives. MINT condition. Most of us have only seen drawings of this scabbard. $175
76. Consignment ~ DF ~ 1918 style Handle with an M-3 or M-4 blade. Post 1943 M-6 scabbard. Snap strap has both snap sides on the female side. One rivet has been popped at the throat. Steel plate at the tip has been removed. Handle has a full guard and all points on the knucks are intact. 2 brass pins are peened through the handle and blade. Acorn nut replaces pointed skull crusher for pommel. A very nice conversion. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM. $325
77. Consignment ~ DF ~ WWII American Fork & Hoe original 10” bayonet. Aresenal refinished . Small spot of corrosion under the Parkerizing on both sides ( see pictures ). Proper Ord marked scabbard. $100
78. Consignment ~ DF ~ WWII Style Snap Blade M-2 Parachute Knife. 3 ¾” blade has careful sharpening, but no grinding or corrosion. Knife operates perfectly. Two grooves milled into forward part of the scales and liner are believed to be made for lashing knife to a pole or pike. Pick-bone plastic scales are tight with no chips or cracks. Blade is unmarked. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM. $210
79. Consignment ~ DF ~ Camillus Cutlery Snap Blade Parachute Knife. Full blade appears unsharpened. Hook blade is as new. Knife operates properly but it does not lock open solidly. Strong spring. No cracks or breaks in scales. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM. $60
80. Consignment ~ DF ~ Camillus TL-29. I believe this to be a post WWII (Likely Korea or Vietnam) Era knife. Similar to Cole’s III, Page 125. Plastic scales. Brass liners. Full blade appears unsharpened. Screwdriver blade unsharpened as well. Bail is slightly bent.
81. Consignment ~ DC ~ 10/30 ~ WWII USMC Raider Stiletto, Camillus Mfg. This knife retains the factory needle tip on the full, unsharpened 7 ¼” blade. (I haven’t seen that very often over the years.) The scroll USMC and the makers information are all there. The blade has a lot of very tiny pitts on both sides. They are very tiny and most look like spotting rather than pitts. The handle and guard are in about 99% condition with only a very small amount of corrosion where the guard contacts the sheath. I see zero ion leaching on the handle or guard (unbelievable, but true!) The original sheath is solid. Snap strap is missing the male snap. 3/8” cut at the throat. Belt hanger is intact. EUGENE MORRISON KNIGHT USMCR, WWII DOG TAGS ARE ATTACHED. Also, included are some personal newspaper clippings, patches, and other paper memorabilia belonging to Mr. Knight—Very cool to have…Nice to put a name with a knife. No paperwork tying him directly to the Raiders.
82. Consignment ~ DM ~ 10/23 ~ WWII USN Mark II UDT Plated Blade Dive Knife. Blade has some scratches and has been sharpened. Blade is not marked. Blued guard is stamped but lightly. Stamped out KA-BAR USN MK 2. Pommel is blued, handle is in very good condition. Comes with USN MKII plastic sheath. $250
83. Consignment ~ DM ~ 10/23 ~ USN Mark II. Blade marked US Navy, RH PAL 37. Full blade appears unsharpened, but has many spots of rust. This knife has been rehandled with stacked leather washers and red and grey spacers at each end. Handle has nicely beveled edges. Feels good in the hand. Guard and pommel are aluminum. Pommel is somewhat interesting in design and is pinned on. Comes with plastic USN MK II sheath. $100
84. Consignment ~ DM ~ Western G46-6 Shark blue blade, full blade, nice handle but the guard is loose. Not a high grade knife. Rough overall.
85. Consignment ~NK~ 8.28 ~ 1918 Plumb Bolo with proper A-K-CO sheath. Blade retains 80% or better of the bluing, and has been carefully sharpened. Grips appear to me to be replacements.
86. Consignment ~NK~ 6/12 ~ WWII MK-II, KA-BAR Mfg. Parkerized blade is full and shows only careful sharpening. Handle is near mint. Proper U.S.N. plastic scabbard has a small crack on the right side, near the tip.
87. Consignment ~NK~ 5/29 ~ USM-3 Imperial. Blade marked. Blade is full 6 ¾” and appears unsharpened. Retaining about 99% of the parkerized finish with scabbard (M-8 A-1) wear only. Leather handle is a little loose, but is solid with no cracked or missing washers.
88. Consignment ~NK~ 5/22 ~ Vietnam Era Buffalo Bill Knife. Absolutely Mint. Customary plated blade is in perfect condition. 9 ½” blade. Nickel silver choil, and native wood handle is tight and in perfect condition.
89. Consignment ~NK~ 5/22 ~ Vietnam Era “MARINE RECON” Knife. Rounded pommel version. Blade retains 100% of original finish. Marked KIFFE JAPAN. Minty handle and scabbard.
90. Consignment ~NK~ 4/10 ~ Early Vietnam Era Randall Crutch tip #18 with Large Rivet Scabbard. Blade measures 5 ½”. Two tone stone. Knife and scabbard are both in MINT condition.
91. Consignment ~ GS~ U.S. M3 Imperial, Blade Marked. Tight guard. Excellent handle, tight pommel. Finish has been removed from blade, then polished. Blade is 6 ¾”, with no rust or pitting. Viner Bro. M-6 scabbard is very nice with 1 rivet missing at the throat. Snap strap works fine. Original leg tie down in place.
92. Consignment ~ GS~ WWII 3rd Pattern F/S. Guard marked “ENGLAND.” Pommel area marked with “1”. 6 ¾” blade has some sharpening and some light pitting, about 70% blue. Replaced scabbard.
93. Consignment ~ GS~ WWII theater US M-3 Case , Guard marked , Full blade, guard and birdshead pommel are polished bright. Smooth leather handle. Unmarked M-6 style scabbard. All near mint.
94. Consignment ~ JH~ Vietnam Era Extremely Rare “Shining Brass” Buffalo Bill Presentation Knife. Engraved blade reads, “SSG KENNETH GARDENER, FOB #2, 1966-1967”. As you know, “Shining Brass” was the project designation for clandestine incursions into Laos by SOG. (Silvey, Vietnam, Pgs. 46, 47, 49. 9 ¾” blade is polished on the engraved side. Plated on both sides. Excellent plus condition. Spots on the blade are not rust or pitting, just spots.
"Note: I Am Always Interested In Buying Your Collection"
REDUCED PRICES ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW
SOLD----------------------------------------WWII Theater Knuckle Knife
Made by P.D. Henry of Birmingham, AL-----The double edge blade is 9 1/4"
long and made from a file. The blade has use and age darkening. The knuckle
handle is cast aluminum and waxed cord wrapped. It comes with the original
sewn and riveted scabbard that is complete. The snap works fine. Ref:
Wright--Theater Knives of WWII pg 52-------$ 575.00
2. WWII Collins Horn Handle V-44------The blade is 9 3/8" long with use and
sharpening. It has an aged grey finish. It has the Collins mark at the ricasso. The horn handle has some normal checkering but is complete. It
comes with the original Collins marked scabbard that has a cut at the tip,
otherwise it is complete. Ref: Cole III pg 136 #2-----$ 350.00-------$315.00
3. Vietnam Utica Pilots Knife----The full blade is 4 7/8" long with some use
and sharpening marks. There is no rust or pitting. The leather handle is
solid. The pommel is marked "Utica / Cutlery / Co.". It comes with the
original sheath that is complete with grey stone. There are markings on the
back of the scabbard but I cannot read them. The snap works fine. Ref: Cole
III pg 147-----Very Rare Knife----$ 450.00------$400.00
SOLD---------------------------------------WWII Theater Fighting Knife-----The bowie style blade is 8 3/8" long with a
little use and sharpening. The handle is one piece cast aluminum with a
thong hole. The handle has Japanese characters on both sides. It comes with
the original leather scabbard. Neat Piece That Needs Researched-----$ 150.00
5. WWII Kabar Fighting Knife---The
bright blade is 6" long with sharpening marks, but no rust or pitting. The
guard has the Kabar mark. The leather handle is solid. It comes with the
original scabbard that is complete. The snap works fine. Ref: Cole III pg
SOLD------------------------------------WWII Model 1905E1 Bayonet----The
bowie style blade is 9 7/8" long with some spotting and finish loss at the
tip. It is marked "RIA / 1918" on one side and "US / UFH / 404800" on the
other. It comes with a M7 scabbard that has been repainted. Ref: Cole III pg
8. Hungarian Fighting Knife Trainer----From the
Communist era----The unsharpened blade is 5 5/8" long with just some minor
scratches. The handle is a black rubberized material. These knives had no
sheaths. I have no idea what the hole in the blade is for.-------$ 75.00-------
9. Custom Knife----Mike Malosh Scagel Style
Hunter----Mint----The heavy blade is 4 1/2" long and mint. It is marked "M.MALOSH
/ HANDMADE". The handle is made of fiber and micarta spacers with a stag
butt. It comes with the original heavy duty scabbard marked "Mosher / 4.5"
on the back. ---------$ 250.00--------$225.00
10. Vietnam Camillus 6" Pilot
Knife-----The blade is 6" long with a little use and sharpening. It is
marked "Camillus / N.Y." at the ricasso. The leather handle is clean and
solid. It has a peened pommel. It comes with the early original scabbard
that is complete and marked to the owner on the back. It has a non-original
grey stone. Ref: Cole III pg 148------$ 145.00
11. WWII Western L77-----The
blue blade is 7" long and appears unused. It has a steel guard, nice leather
handle and plastic pommel. The blue on the blade is a little smeary. I
believe the blue thinned along the way and then was touched up with cold
blue. It comes with a Western double stitch scabbard that I think has been
oiled. Ref: Cole III pg 61 #5--------$ 210.00
12. Applegate-Fairbairn Special
Commemorative 1997 Set-----Mint In The Box---The set is complete with
original box, wooden display plaque, book, papers and signed picture. The
only odd thing is that the knives are numbered 0184 and the papers are
numbered 0304. -------$ 450.00--------$425.00
13. WWII Theater Fighting
Knife----Minty-----This is one of the knives that was converted for the War
effort. The blade is 5 5/8" long with just a touch of sharpening. It has a
piece of steel applied for a cross guard. The wood handle was notched for a
better grip. It comes with the original scabbard that is
14. Gerber 20th Anniversary
1966-1986 Mark II-----Mint In The Box----The knife has the canted blade and fusal handle. It is numbered "0420". It comes with original box and also a
wooden wall display box. Not sure that I have seen the wooden display piece
before. Neat mint set that is complete.----$ 625.00---------$585.00
15. WWII Case 337-6"Q------The blade is 6" long
with use and sharpening. It is marked "CASE XX" on one side and "337-6"Q" on
the other. The leather handle is solid. It comes with the original scabbard
that is marked to someone in the Army Air Force. Ref: Cole III pg 67------$
Bayonet----Minty-----The sawback blade is 6" long and unused. The handle is
minty and comes with a minty scabbard-----$ 45.00
SOLD-----------------------------------------WWII Western 8" Fighter-----The
blade is 8" long with some use and some crude sharpening. It retains aprox
30% original blue finish. It is marked "Western / Pat'd." at the ricasso.
The leather handle is clean and solid. It comes with the original scabbard.
The snap works fine. Ref: Cole III pg 60------$ 175.00
18. Boker Applegate-Fairbairn
Knife------Mint-----The partial sawteeth double edge blade is 6" long and
mint. Early production serial number "880". It also comes with the optional
dive sheath. Early 90's production----Mint-----------------$ 225.00----------$175.00
41. Randall Model 16 Dive
Knife---Mint-----The Stainless marked blade is 7" long with thumb notches.
It has a brass guard and red micarta handle. It comes with the original
Waxed Randall marked scabbard. Made aprox 1995-----Mint----$ 550.00------$475.00
43. Randall Model
1------Mint-----The Stainless marked blade is 7" long and mint. It has a
nickel silver guard and a blue-red micarta Border Patrol handle. It comes
with the original Randall marked scabbard with orange stone. Made aprox
44. Randall Model
2------Mint-----The Stainless marked blade is 7" long and mint. It has a
nickel silver guard and a blue-red commando shaped handle. It comes with
the original Randall marked scabbard with orange stone. Made aprox
45. Randall Model 2-----The
Stainless blade is 7" long with some minor sharpening marks at the one
cutting edge. It has a nickel silver double guard. It has a commando shaped
black micarta handle with a duralumin butt cap and thong hole. It comes with
a Johnson Rough Back sheath with early unmarked orange stone. The snaps work
fine. Made aprox 1985-----$ 550.00-----$475.00
46. Randall Model 1---Minty----The
blade is 6" long and unused. It has a double brass guard and duralumin butt
cap. It has a thick middle spacer which puts production at late 70's to
early 80's. It comes with a Johnson Rough Back sheath with orange stone.
48. Randall Model 1---Mint----The
blade is 6" long and unused. It has a double brass guard and a red-blue micarta handle. It comes with the original Randall marked sheath with orange
stone. Late 90's production-----Mint-----$ 525.00------$450.00
49. Randall African Big Five
Set-----Mint----Set number "9" and made in 2009 with only 100 sets made.
Each knife has an Ivory Micarta handle that has been scrimshawed by Ron
Skaggs. Each knife also includes a custom exotic leather sheath. Also
included is a print of the original photograph used in the advertisement,
plus a color copy of the full advertisement. The knives and sheaths
are: Model 25-5" with a Brown Crocodile sheath, Model 27-5 3/4" with a
Ostrich sheath, Model 3-5" with a Black Crocodile sheath, Model 23-4 1/2"
with a Zebra sheath and a Model 12-6" with a Cape Buffalo sheath. Original
marked zipper cases included. Early Mint Set-----$ 5500.00-----$4250.00
50. Randall Model 1 Fighting
Knife----Minty----The blade is 7" long and unused. It has a double brass
guard, leather handle and duraluminum butt cap. It comes with a Johnson
Rough Back sheath with the Randall mark and orange stone. It has a thick
middle spacer which means it was made in the late 70's to early
51. Randall Model 1 Mini----Mint In
The Wrap-----The Model 1 Mini was available for order in 1998 and delivered
in 1999. It has a duraluminum butt cap,
black micarta handle and nickel silver double guard. It has a Stainless
blade and is serial number "1089". It comes with the original Randall marked
sheath. It also comes with the original wrap just the way it came from
Randall. Also have all original paperwork.-------Mint------$ 575.00----$400.00
52. Randall Model
15-----Mint-----Special Order ----The Stainless Randall marked blade is 5
1/2" long. It is a Model 1 double nickel silver guard and duraluminum butt
cap. The Model 1 style handle is a mixture of red and blue micarta. It
comes with the original Randall marked sheath with plain snaps. It has an
orange stone and all para-cord lacings. Mid 90's production-----Mint-----$
53. Randall Model 3 Mini---Mint In
The Wrap----The Model 3 Mini was available for order in 2001 and delivered
the same year-----only 1500 were made. It has a brass butt cap, stag handle
and brass guard. It has a Stainless blade with the Randall mark and is
serial number "378". It comes with the original Randall marked sheath. It
also comes with the original wrap just the way it came from Randall. Also
have all original paperwork. ----Mint----$ 700.00----$475.00
54. Randall Model 3 Mini---same as above with serial number "379"-------Mint------$ 700.00----$475.00
Randall Model 14
Mini---Mint----The Model 14 Mini was available for order in 2004 and
delivered in 2005. It has a finger grip black micarta handle and a brass
guard. The Stainless blade has the Randall mark and is serial number "2356".
It comes with the original Randall marked sheath and all lacing. It also
comes with the original paperwork.----Mint-----$ 550.00----$375.00
56. Randall Model 14---Special
Order Matched Set to Model 15 Below-----The Stainless blade is 7 1/2" long
and mint. It has a nickel silver model 1 style guard. The Model 1 style
handle is blue and maroon micarta with a thong hole and thong. It comes with
the original Randall marked scabbard with all lacings and orange
stone.---Made in 1997------Mint-----$ 550.00------$450.00
57. Randall Model 15---Special
Order Matched Set to Model 14 Above-----The Stainless blade is 5 3/8" long
and mint. It has a nickel silver model 1 style guard. The Model 1 style
handle is blue and maroon micarta with a thong hole and thong. It comes with
the original Randall marked scabbard with all lacings and orange
stone.---Made in 1997----Mint----$ 550.00------$450.00
BUNCH OF BOOKS--------------
61. Cole Book III---Third printing---used----$75.00
62. Cole Book IV---First printing----used----$75.00
63. Cole--The Skinning Knife---First Printing---Nice---$30.00
64. Silvey---US Military Knives 1941-1991----Nice---$150.00
65. Silvey--Knives of the US Military WWII---Nice---$45.00
66. Theater Made Military Knives of WWII---Wright----Nice---$50.00
67. The US M-3 Trench Knife of WWII---Coniglio---Nice----$50.00
68. Fighting Knives---Stephens---Softback------$25.00
69. Military Knives A Reference Book--Knife World----Softback----$15.00
70. Allied Military Fighting Knives--Buerlein--Softback---$20.00
71. A Primer of Military Knives---Part One---Hughes---Trimmed top and bottom----$10.00
72. A primer of Military Knives---Part Two----Hughes---$15.00
73. US Knives, Bayonets and Machetes Price Guide--Fourth Edition---$10.00
74. Edged Weapons---Wilkinson---Nice----$10.00
75. The Bowie Knife---Flayderman---Nice----$100.00
76. The Sheffield Knife Book----Tweedale----Nice---$100.00
77. Confederate Bowie Knives---Melton---Nice---$50.00
78. Civil War Knives---Newman----Nice----$50.00
79. The Updated Confederate Bowie Knife Guide---Hadaway------$20.00
80. Identification Guide to Remington Sheath Knives 1925-1940---Grimm----$20.00
81. Bayonets From Janzen's Notebook----Hardback---Nice----$40.00
82. Bayonets of the World--Volume One--Kiesling---Hardback---$40.00
83. The American Bayonet 1776-1964---Hardin---$75.00
84. World Bayonets 1800 to the Present--Carter---$15.00
85. Military Edged Weapons of the World---A Private Collection---Maeurer-----$20.00
86. Pocket Guide to Bayonets and Misc Edged Weapons---Volume one & two-----$40.00
87. Bayonets, Knives & Scabbards---Trzaska----$15.00
88. Goins Encyclopedia of Cutlery Markings----$30.00
89. The Encyclopedia of Marble's Knives & Sporting Collectibles---Dunathan---$75.00
90. Echoes of Glory--Arms & Equipment of the Confederacy--Time Life Books---$15.00
91. Bannerman Catalogue of Military Goods 1927----DBI Books reprint----$15.00
92. Ka-Bar Dependable Pocket Knives---Reprint of 1925 catalog----$5.00
. SOLD------------------------------------WWII Kabar USMC---Early Blue
Blade-----The full blade is 7 1/8" long with light sharpening marks. It has
some light surface spotting which possibly could be cleaned off. It is
marked "KA-BAR / Olean,N.Y." on one side and "USMC" on the other. It has the
early long thin guard with a red and black spacer and black spacers at the
thin pommel. The leather handle is very clean and solid. It comes with the
original sewn and riveted scabbard that is complete. The snap works fine.
Ref: Cole III pg 94 -------Nice Early Kabar-----$ 425.00--------$400.00
80. A NEW BOOK--"US and Allied Military Knives, M3’s and M4’s”, a new book on M3’s and M4’s is now available.
There are almost 200 pages, with 140 full page, color photos. This book includes all the known M3 trench knife, M6 sheath and M4 knife-bayonet variations. It also includes descriptions of the knives and sheaths.
Written by Bill Walters with input from Vince Coniglio, this is the most comprehensive book to date on M3’s and M4’s.
This book was proudly printed in the USA.
The cost of the book is $116, including Priority Mail shipping for one book. For those of you wanting more than one copy or residing outside the US, please contact Bill to get a shipping estimate.
This additional information came from fellow collector Kerry Gordon. (thanks Kerry)
I just thought that you might like to know that you weren't the only one ever caught with one of these - not only do I have the French version but I also have one with the Belgian Rampant Lion stamped into the hilt.
The real give away with these is that the blade tang doesn't run all the way through the pommel nut, there's about two threads empty at the end of the nut. The other thing is that the brass pommel nuts are painted with gloss black paint rather than blackened.
Someone spent a lot of time and effort on these, the blades are tinned under the blackening and the hilts are blackened brass that is reasonable well checkered.
For information or questions contact:
Send us your
Send us your "top three" wants for your collection, that way we will know what you are looking for. Send your wants to both Gary and John.
Terms of Sale
* Payment in
certified funds (Bank Checks, Money Orders)
*PAYPAL Accepted (except for knuckle knives, switchblades,
butterfly knives and other Paypal prohibited knives)
* Standard three day Inspection Period
* Buyer Pays all postage and insurance
These items are sold as a
historical and collectible items only. The items are warranted to be as described and
shown in the photographs. No guarantee or warranty is expressed or implied as to the
usability of the items for its original purpose. The buyer, certifies that he or she is of
lawful age and is not prevented by any law from the purchase or possession of these items.
The buyer is responsible for knowing, understanding and obeying all International,
Federal, State and Local laws concerning the purchase and possession of these items.
Back to Top
Military & Antique Knives
John Sabol's Gerber Mark II Site
U.S. Military Knives
The Dog Tag
Vietnam War Militaria
Elite Military Knives
M9 Bayonet-Survival Knife
From the Collection of John Gibson