We're a TMCX Five Star Award Winning Collector Site
to the home of Military Fighting Knives. Many of you
know us through our old knife lists and we appreciate your continued support. If
you collect fighting knives we think you'll enjoy what we have to offer. From the
common to the rare and historic, we cater to every collector. We hope you
enjoy this site and will visit it often. Please feel free to contact John at email@example.com or Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance. Click here to see our Terms of
"NOTE" If you would like to receive an email every time the site is updated, please click here email@example.com and let John know. From then on you will be notified when changes are made to the site.
NEXT SITE UPDATE: Sunday 16 AUG 2020 at 08:30 AM EST I am adding this feature so that everyone will know when the next update will occur and not wait on my update email to view the new listings.
SOLD ITEMS: All knives are available when the site is updated and are sold on a first-come first-serve basis. As knives are spoken for I immediately mark them sold.
|LAST UPDATE: 09 AUG 2020|
Knives John's Knives Miscellaneous
Send us your "Want" list !!!
The following items are being sold by Gary Ruleford firstname.lastname@example.org
Note : Just to be clear… Any new knives are listed in the consignor’s personal listings, and not necessarily at the top of this page.
REDUCED PRICES ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW
1. SOLD-------------------------Consignment ~ HQ ~ R ~ Camillus M-4 Carbine Bayonet. 100% condition, finish and leather. Absolutely unsharpened. M-8 A1 Scabbard. $160
2. SOLD--------------------------------Consignment ~ HQ ~ R ~ Remington 1917 Bayonet for Eddystone Rifle and U.S. Military Shotguns of WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. 100% condition with proper green leather scabbard 100% as well. Will fit Winchester M-97, M-12, Stevens M-520-30, M-620 and Ithaca M-37 Shotguns. $275
3. SOLD--------------------------------Consignment ~ HQ ~ R ~ General Cutlery Vietnam Era Shotgun Bayonet, Model 1917. 100% condition with proper Vietnam era scabbard, also 100%. This bayonet will fit all trench shotguns from WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam, Winchester M-97, M-12, Stevens M- 520-30, M-620, Ithaca M-37 shotguns. $245
4. Consignment ~ HQ ~ R ~ Made in Vietnam U.S.M-3 Fighting Knife. Made from M-7 bayonets in Fire Support Base DELTA, as is marked on the scabbard. Frank Trzaska explains this knife’s history in his Knife World article in March 2000. Only the 2nd one that I have ever seen. $150
5. SOLD-----------------------------------Consignment ~ HQ ~ R ~ Union Fork & Hoe 1942, 16” Bayonet with USN MK-1 Scabbard. Plating is about 95% plus, black grips are very nice. $145
6. SOLD---------------------------------Consignment ~ HQ ~ R ~ WWII Carttaragus 225Q. Quartermaster Knife. About 95% with original scabbard. Careful sharpening, some small amount of wear near the tip. $130
7. SOLD--------------------------Consignment ~ HQ ~ R ~ Gerber CT5: CATS Tongue Type 5. Cutlery Shoppe Production. According to John Sabol’s excellent Gerber site:
“There is black lettering, electro-etched on the blade on the logo side that reads “MARK II” on most knives. Others do not have the etch. The “Cat’s Tongue” handles on these knives have a brighter appearance in contrast with the usually darker gray handles of the original knives. The CT5 knives are found on 1989-1996 knives scattered in batches throughout the serial range of CS0006-CS1947. The CS prefix on the serial number stands for “Cutlery Shoppe” and was used to indicate that the knife was not an original earlier knife. Note that this is the only Cutlery Shoppe model that is canted as well as having serrations.”
I would suppose that this knife is early rather than later because of the low serial number. It does have the canted blade. The very well-made scabbard does not appear to be a factory Gerber sheath. $325
8. Consignment ~ HQ ~ R ~ WWII TL-29 Lineman’s Tool made by Kutmaster. TL-29 designation is light, but visible. Main blade shows some staining but is unsharpened. No corrosion or sharpening. The screw driver blade still retains the instructions on how to unlock that blade. No sharpening. Wood scales are excellent plus. Bail is intact. $45
9. Consignment ~ HQ ~ Kinfolks Inc M-4 Carbine Bayonet. Korean War era wood handle conversion. Blade shows some rough sharpening, but has a very nice handle, pommel and guard. $125
10. Consignment ~ RQ ~ Gerber Orange Handled Set. Command I and Command II. This information form John Sabol’s awesome website MilitaryCarryKnives.com.
“These knives were made in sets of two, a Command I and Command II. Supposedly the sets were made for UDT Government Divers and only 12 sets were made. (See MILITARY KNIVES, M.H. COLE, BOOK IV, Page 57.) These sets came without boxes or sheaths. These knives have several interesting features. First, the handles don’t have the typical non-reflective Armorhide finish but are painted with a higher gloss crinkle finish. However, the color is almost identical to the Orange Handled Mark II knives. Second, the blades are not fixed into the handles with the standard epoxy. Instead, a bonding agent which has a metallic silver color is used. This material is possibly more salt-water resistant. (It is known that epoxy joints will lose strength when exposed to high humidity, salt water or high temperatures.)”
Thank you to John Sabol for this information….
Condition MINT save one nick on the Command II handle. (Mr. Cole referred to these as MKII knives, but they are actually Command I & II knives.)
11. Consignment ~ RQ ~ Vietnam Era Canadian Arsenal shotgun 1917 bayonet and scabbard. Both are in mint condition. Scare bayonet. $250
12. Consignment ~ RQ ~ Vietnam Era “ RVN 1918 MKII Trade Knife” very similar to knives described in the Knife World article by Frank Trzaska in March of 2000 entitled “Knives Born in Vietnam.” Crafted from a Vietnam era reproduction 1918 and a Vietnam era Camillus MKII. Knife blade shows a fair bit of use. Theater made sheath has a 5th SFH scratched into the front. I have only seen one other of these knives. $340
13. Consignment ~ RQ ~ Gerber MKII, 1980 production, Serial # 097858. Near mint with Gerber steel. 1980 thru 2019 Military use possible. $240
14. Consignment ~ RQ ~ WWII Era Ka-Bar UDT Knife. Blade appears to be plated. Some careful sharpening. Smooth handle, pinned pommel. U.S.N. plastic sheath. Knife is in about 98% condition. $150
15. SOLD-----------------------------------Consignment ~ GJ ~ WWII Theater Knuckle Knife with large aluminum handle with finger holes and spike. Double edged blade measures 6 7/8”. Very nice period sheath made from an industrial belt with maker’s stampings. $550
16. Consignment ~ KL ~ WWII Marine Parachutist Knife W/Sheath as shown in Cole’s Book 4, Page 186 and Silvey U.S. Military Knives 1941-1991, Pg. 312. Totally unmarked except for brass butt cap engraved with the initials R.H.P. and apparently a serial #31268750 which if tracked down should lead to the branch of service and person who owned the knife. Excellent plus condition, knife and sheath. $600
17. Consignment ~ HM ~ Presentation Buffalo Bill Knife attributed to MAC V SOG SFC Rex L. Jaco. Mint condition presented piece with letter from Jason Hardy. Awesome piece of SOG/Vietnam War history. $2200
18. Consignment ~ HM ~ Vietnam Era McEvoy Tru-balance Battle Blade. 7 ¾” blade, minty set. Original sheath. $175
19. Consignment ~ HH ~ SOG Presentation Round Tip Bolo. “PRESENTED SSG ROBERT SKINNER SOA (CCC) 5TH SFGA, KONTUM VIETNAM” with original wood wall mounting plaque. Included are copied of his orders for a SILVER STAR, photo of him and his MIKE Force, as well as a letter from Jason Hardy – Special Forces historian. $1650
20. Consignment ~ BB ~ Marbles Jet Pilot Prototype. Marbles states that their 1956 prototype was made from a modified 5” EXPERT and supplied with a commercial 5” EXPERT Marbles sheath. Proper Ferro Bluing on blade, guard and pommel. “Roller Coaster” stamping on ricasso. Blade is unsharpened and retains nearly 100% finish. Not a “one of a kind” knife but darned close to it. $825
21. Consignment ~ BB ~ SOG Presentation Bolo. Presented to Command Sergeant Major Willie L. Brown, CSM 3rd Ordinance BN- Long Bin RVN 1971-1972. Included original wood wall mounting stand with metal presentation plaque and 9 metal DI “Beer Cans” across the top of stand. $750
22. Consignment ~ BB ~ Rare Milpar aluminum handle 5” Jet Pilots Knife. Plated or polished blade. Proper scabbard and stone. All MINTY. Tough knife to find. $875
23. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey 8” Custom Bladed Knife with wooden handle and wooden sheath. Very high quality workmanship. Made in
24. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom “SKAGEL TYPE” Fighter. 8 ¼” blade. Brass guard, leather and fiber handle with a stag butt and an exposed tang. $450
25. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey made custom fighting knife. 8 ¼” blade. Walrus ivory handle. Made in 2014. Silvey leather sheath. MINT. $575
26. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Custom Fighter. 7 ½” blade, brass guard. Multi colored spacers, leather, crown stag. Made in 2007. Tooled scabbard. MINT. $475
27. Consignment ~ JJ ~ Mike Silvey Boot Knife. 4 ¾” Blade. Wood handle. Tooled sheath. MINT. Made 2006. $130
28. Consignment ~ PP ~ WWII Era Knife Crafters sword knife. Unique with a 5 ½” blade. Blade is in perfect condition with zero spotting or corrosion. Guard is marked “HOWARD SNADERS” on one edge and “H.K.S.” on the other edge. Leather handle is in excellent plus condition and marked with the Knife Crafters logo. Scabbard also marked with Knife Crafters logo. Excellent plus piece overall. $825
29. Consignment PP ~ SOG Marine Recon. Round pommel version, NEAR MINT condition. Blade marked. KIFFEE JAPAN. Original 4 rivet sheath. Beautiful example. $725
30. Consignment ~ PP ~ 1st Special Service Force Case V-42. Knife is in near MINT condition retaining 100% original Case bluing. Unsharpened blade retains its needle sharp point. Pommel retains sharp point on skull crusher. Handle is 100% with no cracks, dings or dents. Guard retains 100% of the leather backing. This piece comes with a very nice reproduced sheath as well as an original showing more use. $5500
31. Consignment ~ PP ~ SOG Presentation Round Tip Bolo. Presented to CSM Myron Bowser, SOA (CCC) 5th SFGA, KONTUM Vietnam. Command Sergeant Major Bowser is pictured in Sutherland’s Special Forces of the United States Army 1952-82, Page 286. Copy of page is included with the original picture of CSM Bowser and 5 issues of “Special Forces” magazine, “Liberator”. Bolo is in MINT condition. This is a “One of a kind” piece of SOG history! $1650
32. Consignment ~ PP ~ Ultra Rare WWII OSS Escape Knife. No 5 Standard issue Escape Knife. Described in Cole’s Book III, Page 158. Believed made by Joseph Rogers & Sons. Main blade has been sharpened some. Wire cutter, metal saw & 4th blade are as issued. Double bail. Small bit of corrosion on outside scales. $1375
33. Consignment ~ PP ~ Mission MPK. OD green with two types of sheaths (old and new) included in original boxes. $1625
34. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Special Forces Square Tip NATA. Near mint with proper scabbard. One nick in the edge of the blade. $175
35. Consignment ~ PP ~ Mission MPT (Titanium) #26 of 100 1997, in original shipping box. 100% MINT. $900
36. Consignment ~ PP ~ Mission MPF Non Magnetic Titanium Folder. MINT in original box with original wax paper. $550
37. Consignment ~ PP ~ Vietnam Era Tru-Bal Battle Blade made by Harry McEvoy. 7 ½” Blade. Original sheath. MINT condition. $150
38. Consignment ~NK~ 8.28 ~ 1918 Plumb Bolo with proper A-K-CO sheath. Blade retains 80% or better of the bluing, and has been carefully sharpened. Grips appear to me to be replacements.
39. Consignment ~NK~ 5/22 ~ Vietnam Era Buffalo Bill Knife. Absolutely Mint. Customary plated blade is in perfect condition. 9 ½” blade. Nickel silver choil, and native wood handle is tight and in perfect condition.
40. Consignment ~ GS~ WWII 3rd Pattern F/S. Guard marked “ENGLAND.” Pommel area marked with “1”. 6 ¾” blade has some sharpening and some light pitting, about 70% blue. Replaced scabbard.
41. Consignment ~ JH~ Vietnam Era Extremely Rare “Shining Brass” Buffalo Bill Presentation Knife. Engraved blade reads, “SSG KENNETH GARDENER, FOB #2, 1966-1967”. As you know, “Shining Brass” was the project designation for clandestine incursions into Laos by SOG. (Silvey, Vietnam, Pgs. 46, 47, 49. 9 ¾” blade is polished on the engraved side. Plated on both sides. Excellent plus condition. Spots on the blade are not rust or pitting, just spots.
"Note: I Am Always Interested In Buying Your Collection"
REDUCED PRICES ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW
SOLD-------------------------------------WWII M3 Blade Marked
Utica-----Minty------The blade is 6 3/4" long and unused. It is marked "U.S.
M3-UTICA". The leather handle is clean and solid. The pommel has the
ordnance mark. It comes with the original early M8 scabbard that is complete
with laced original leather tie-down. Ref: Cole III pg 97
2. Randall Tom Clinton
Special-----Mint----The Stainless marked double edge blade is 7 1/8" long
and mint. It has a nickel silver forward curved guard and a perfect Fossil
Ivory handle. It comes with the original mint sheath. Also included is a
Randall knife case.-----Mint-----$ 1425.00-----------$1125.00
3. Vietnam Buffalo Bill
Knife-----Mint-----The bright blade is 9 1/2" long and unused. The wood
handle has no damage. These knives were used during Vietnam as Presentation
pieces. Ref: Silvey Vietnam pg 49-----Minty Scarce Knife-------$ 485.00--------$425.00
4. Phrobis Sterile CUK-----Mint----Phrobis
designed and built the sterile CUK (Combat Utility Knife) under contract for
the U.S. Navy SEALs. The sawback blade is 5 1/2" long and mint. The handle
is also mint. It comes with the original and mint scabbard. Ref: Brett-The
Military Knife & Bayonet pg 338----------Mint-------$ 350.00
5. WWII Kabar
USMC------Minty-----The blade is 7" long and unused. It is marked "KA-BAR"
on one side and "USMC" on the other. The leather handle is unused. It comes
with the original minty scabbard that is complete. Ref: Cole III pg
Vietnam 5th Special Forces Presentation Stiletto---Mint----The blade is 6
7/8" long and marked "5TH SPECIAL FORCES GP (ABN) VIETNAM / VIETNAM
SERVICE". It also has the Special Forces Crest and is numbered "321" on the
back side. It has an aluminum handle and brass tang nut. It comes with the
original mint scabbard. Ref: Silvey Vietnam pg 35------Mint-----$ 650.00--------$550.00
7. SOLD------------------------------------WWII NZ Cutlers Knuckle
Knife-----The blade is 5 7/8" long with use and sharpening. It is marked "N.Z.
/ Cutlers Co / Auckland". The knuckle handle has no damage. It comes with
the original scabbard that is complete. Ref: Cole III pg 179 #2-----Scarce
WWII Western V44 With Stag Handle-----The blade is 9 1/4" long and in
excellent condition with just some very light sharpening along the cutting
edge. It has the Western mark on the blade. It retains the original large
oval guard. The handle is now a large piece of old stag with a black fiber
butt cap. It comes with the original scabbard that has a broken grip strap.
Ref: Cole III pg 137-----$ 275.00
9. Phrobis M9A1 "Operation
Desert Storm" Commemorative Bayonet------Mint-----The blade is 7 1/8" long
and mint. The handle and scabbard are made of sand colored zytel. It
comes with a mint M9A1 scabbard. Ref: Brett---The Military Knife & Bayonet
pg 364------Quite Rare and Mint-------$ 850.00
SOLD------------------------------------WWII Philippine Victory
Knife----The crude blade is 9 3/4" long with a normal rough finish. It has a
wood handle and wood scabbard with a "V" for Victory on the back.----$ 45.00
11. Vietnam Marble's Pilot
Knife-----Mint------The bright blade is 6" long and mint. It has the
Marble's mark at the ricasso. The leather handle is unused. It comes with
the original scabbard that is complete with original stone and lacing. This
was Marble's commercial version that was sold in Hardware & Sporting good
stores during the war. Ref: Cole III pg 149-----Mint-----$ 525.00
12. Navy UDT Custom
Knife----Mint-----The nice heavy blade is 5 3/4" long and mint. It has
engraving on the front side and also marked to the maker "RB" (Robert
Burgess). It is a full tang knife. The USN and UDT are silver inlays. It
comes with the original scabbard that has the UDT Frog Logo on the face.
This knife along with 7 others were made for Navy UDT team members by the
previous owner. I will give his name to the buyer. Neat Mint Knife------$
13. SOLD----------------------------------Vietnam Camillus Pilot
Knife----1971-----Minty----The blade is 5" long and unused. The leather
handle is clean and solid. The pommel is marked "Camillus / N.Y. / 2-1971".
It comes with the original minty scabbard that is dated December 1971. It
has the original Norton stone but the stone is cracked. Ref: Cole III pg
14. WWII Kabar Mark
2-----Minty-----The blade is 7" long and unused. It has some light scratches
right at the tip. The guard has the Kabar mark. The leather handle is
unused. It comes with a minty USN MK2 scabbard that is complete. Ref: Cole
III pg 87 #15-------Minty-----$ 275.00
15. WWII Theater Fighting
Knife-----Exc------The blade is 6" long with light use and sharpening. The
handle is made of aluminum spacers. It comes with the original heavy duty
scabbard --------$ 110.00
16. Reference Book----British & Commonwealth
Military Knives by Ron Flook-----used----$ 125.00
17. Polish WZ 85 Training
Bayonet-----The spring loaded rubber tipped blade is retracted into the
handle and appears stuck. I'll let someone else get it unstuck. Ref:
Brett-The Military Knife & Bayonet pg 224--$ 75.00
The Following Knives Have Been Sold---They Are Just Waiting To Be Received:
SOLD----------------------------------------WWI 1917 LF&C Knuckle Knife-----Exc-----The blade is 9" long and unused. The knuckle bow has some
spotty old rust on the inside and outside. The wood handle is unused. Ref:
Cole III pg 23------$ 325.00
A NEW BOOK: “Knuckle Knives of the Second World War by Greg Aloisio. Hard cover, large format, 346 pages with some never before seen vintage photos. Over 200 knuckle knife examples are reviewed and discussed. Contact Greg at email@example.com for purchase. Cost is $72.50 (PayPal, check or money order) shipped anywhere in the United States. International buyers shipping will vary”. A limited printing of 350 copies.
NEW BOOK OUT: U.S. and
ALLIED MILITARY KNIVES WORLD WAR
II Book Two
is NOW available. Book two at
676 pages is about 2 ¼” thick.
If you are a collector of US,
British, Australian and New
Zealand knives, Books One and
Two are the only reference books
that you will need. The full
page, color photos of the knives
and sheaths are excellent. The
book quality is outstanding.
It was printed by Josten’s in
Clarksville, TN., home of the
101st Airborne and
PLEASE NOTE! IF YOU DIDN’T GET A COPY OF BOOK ONE OR WOULD JUST LIKE TO PURCHASE ANOTHER COPY, I WILL INCLUDE A COPY OF BOOK ONE FOR THE WHOLESALE COST OF $65, when purchased with BOOK TWO. THE TOTAL COST FOR BOTH BOOK ONE AND BOOK TWO IS $282 SHIPPED in the US.
A NEW BOOK OUT ON: “THE MODEL 1918 MARK 1 TRENCH KNIFE AND VARIATIONS" by Greg Aloisio, 306 pages, hardcover large format. Many never before seen period photos with the knife being worn as well as the examination of the various makers by distinguishing differences in maker’s marks and font patterns. (John's comment: Outstanding book for the beginning and advanced collector)
Book is priced at $55 plus shipping and handling. Limited printing of 300 copies. Contact Greg at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A NEW BOOK--"US and Allied Military Knives, M3’s and M4’s”, a new book on M3’s and M4’s is now available.
There are almost 200 pages, with 140 full page, color photos. This book includes all the known M3 trench knife, M6 sheath and M4 knife-bayonet variations. It also includes descriptions of the knives and sheaths.
Written by Bill Walters with input from Vince Coniglio, this is the most comprehensive book to date on M3’s and M4’s.
This book was proudly printed in the USA.
The cost of the book is $116, including Priority Mail shipping for one book. For those of you wanting more than one copy or residing outside the US, please contact Bill to get a shipping estimate.
This additional information came from fellow collector Kerry Gordon. (thanks Kerry)
I just thought that you might like to know that you weren't the only one ever caught with one of these - not only do I have the French version but I also have one with the Belgian Rampant Lion stamped into the hilt.
The real give away with these is that the blade tang doesn't run all the way through the pommel nut, there's about two threads empty at the end of the nut. The other thing is that the brass pommel nuts are painted with gloss black paint rather than blackened.
Someone spent a lot of time and effort on these, the blades are tinned under the blackening and the hilts are blackened brass that is reasonable well checkered.
For information or questions contact:
Send us your
Send us your "top three" wants for your collection, that way we will know what you are looking for. Send your wants to both Gary and John.
Terms of Sale
For Items Bought From John's
*Credit Cards Are Accepted
*Personal Checks, Bank Checks, Money Orders
*No Paypal Except Paypal Debit Mastercard
*Standard 3 Day Inspection Period
*Buyer Pays All Postage & Insurance
For Items Bought From Gary's List
*Payment in certified funds (Bank Checks, Money Orders)
*PAYPAL Accepted (except for knuckle knives, switchblades,
butterfly knives and other Paypal prohibited knives)
* Standard three day Inspection Period
* Buyer Pays all postage and insurance
These items are sold as a
historical and collectible items only. The items are warranted to be as described and
shown in the photographs. No guarantee or warranty is expressed or implied as to the
usability of the items for its original purpose. The buyer, certifies that he or she is of
lawful age and is not prevented by any law from the purchase or possession of these items.
The buyer is responsible for knowing, understanding and obeying all International,
Federal, State and Local laws concerning the purchase and possession of these items.
Back to Top
Military & Antique Knives
John Sabol's Gerber Mark II Site
U.S. Military Knives
The Dog Tag
Vietnam War Militaria
Elite Military Knives
M9 Bayonet-Survival Knife
From the Collection of John Gibson