We're a TMCX Five Star Award Winning Collector Site
to the home of Military Fighting Knives. Many of you
know us through our old knife lists and we appreciate your continued support. If
you collect fighting knives we think you'll enjoy what we have to offer. From the
common to the rare and historic, we cater to every collector. We hope you
enjoy this site and will visit it often. Please feel free to contact John at email@example.com or Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance. Click here to see our Terms of
"NOTE" If you would like to receive an email every time the site is updated, please click here email@example.com and let John know. From then on you will be notified when changes are made to the site.
NEXT SITE UPDATE: Sunday 26 OCT 2014 at 08:30 AM EST I am adding this feature so that everyone will know when the next update will occur and not to wait on my update email to view the new listings.
SOLD ITEMS: All knives are available when the site is updated and are sold on a first-come first-serve basis. As knives are spoken for I immediately mark them sold.
|LAST UPDATE: 19 OCT 2014|
Knives John's Knives Miscellaneous
Send us your "Want" list !!!
The following items are being sold by Gary Ruleford firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Consignment ~ DS ~ WWII Era RANGER Knife & Scabbard. Pacific Theater. 9 ¼” blade shows some spotting and pitting on maybe 10% of the bright surface. Original scabbard is in excellent condition. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM.
2. Consignment ~ DS ~ WWII Era (Baby) Small Ranger Knife and Scabbard. Pacific Theater. 6 ¼” blade has some spotting, but only very little pitting. Very good plus condition overall. Proper scabbard in excellent condition overall. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM.
4. Consignment ~ JH ~ Vietnam Era “CIA” knife. Finish is thinning on blade. Only careful sharpening on 6” blade. Blade marked “JAPAN SWORD”. Proper scabbard. Excellent condition with some black wearing off of back of scabbard and brown showing through. Similar to Silvey’s Vietnam, Pgs. 32 & 33.
http://www.militaryknives.bizland.com/3633.JPG $2500 Or best offer
5. Consignment ~ JH ~ Vietnam Era (1970) Grey handled Gerber. This knife was carried and appears to have been cleaned. Possibly repainted and repointed at some point. Blade is a 6 ½” wasp waist blade. Proper scabbard in very good plus condition. Actually a nice example of a 1970’s Gerber.
http://www.militaryknives.bizland.com/3638.JPG $545 Or best offer
6. WWII Era USN MK-1 Robeson Mfg. Bright blade is unsharpened as it came from the factory. Handle and pommel are about mint. U.S.N. marked scabbard is solid with a working snap, but very dirty. Likely not original to the knife.
7. WWII Era USN MK-1, H. Boker U.S.A. Mfg. Full blade shows some dark spotting and some pitting. Guard, handle and pommel excellent with one nick on the pommel. Period scabbard in very good plus condition.
9. Theater Made knife made in the style or perhaps out of a Japanese knife or sword blade. 6 ¾” blade is spotted but not pitted. Brass guard. Wood handle is covered with electrical tape. Pommel is made from two different size acorn nuts. Actually, this is a pretty well balanced theater knife. No scabbard.
10. Well Made Theater knife. (My guess is shipboard made) with white, black bakalite and red plexiglass spacers. Brass guard and pommel. Blade is 6 3/8” long. Spotted, but only a few small pits. Period scabbard.
11. Consignment ~ GJ ~ Wood handled Fighting Knife with a 5 ¼” blade made in the style of a Hitler Youth Knife Blade. Ricasso marked “WHITBY” (?). Made in Solingen. Handle is wood with copper, steel plates fitted into handle. Lead washer at guard added for weight. Lots of time and work in this one.
12. Consignment ~ GJ ~ Lucite Theater Handle Dagger. Metal scabbard appears to be a converted bayonet blade and scabbard. 7 ½” blade with a 4 ¾” false edge. 6 ½” clear handle.
13. Consignment ~ GJ ~ Theater made knife with leather handle and large brass skull crusher. 6” double edged blade. Riveted sheath.
14. Vietnam Era Kabar 1207. Near mint condition knife and scabbard. No box.
15. Korean War Era US M-4 Kinfolks Inc. M-1 carbine bayonet conversion to wood handle. Appears unissued since arsenal rework. Parkerized blade has one small nick. Proper painted guard and pommel show some slight flaking. Proper M8 A-1 period scabbard. Excellent plus condition overall.
16. Consignment DM ~ Missing a Western Vietnam Bowie sheath? Here is a good one for sale; very clean, all leather lacings and rivets are in great shape.
17. Consignment DM ~ Western G46-6 Shark blue blade, full blade, nice handle but the guard is loose. Not a high grade knife. Rough overall.
18. Consignment DCM~ Aussie/New Zealand Knuckle Knife. 5 ¾” double edge blade has freckling patina, but no pitting. Blade has been sharpened. Blade marked AKE REGD. Handle is in excellent condition. No sheath. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM.
19. Consignment DCM~ Rehandled M-3 Blade marked Camillus. Blued or parkerized blade unsharpened. Handle consists of 37 colored and aluminum spacers with 12 clear Lucite or other plastic spacers. Seen through the spacers are a series of red, white and blue spool type piece in alternate colors that show through the clear spacers. Front of handle is aluminum semi guard in black of standard bent metal guard. Butt is nicely form aluminum saddle horn. Long grip. Comes with the US M-8 A1 sheath.
20. US M-4 Case M-1 Carbine Bayonet. Blade retains about 98% of its finish. Extremely nice example of the limited use rubber handle. Blade shows some VERY careful sharpening. M8-A1 scabbard.
21. Consignment JB ~ This knife is a period copy of a WWII Stone Knife. Likely made aboard another WWII ship. with a Patton saber tip used for a blade. Stone Jr. feels that it may have been made from a casting of his anniversary knife. The owner feels that it is a period shipboard copy made during WWII, and that it is NOT a knife made currently in Washington State. I am offering it for consignment; YOU will be the final judge. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM.
22. Consignment GS~ U.S. M3 Imperial, Blade Marked. Tight guard. Excellent handle, tight pommel. Finish has been removed from blade, then polished. Blade is 6 ¾”, with no rust or pitting. Viner Bro. M-6 scabbard is very nice with 1 rivet missing at the throat. Snap strap works fine. Original leg tie down in place.
23. Consignment GS~ WWII Kabar 6” Commando. 5 7/8” bright blade appears to be unsharpened except for the ¾” tip where some sharpening is evident. Original scabbard is very nice and is intact. Guard, handle and pommel are tight.
24. Consignment GS~ WWII 3rd Pattern F/S. Guard marked “ENGLAND.” Pommel area marked with “1”. 6 ¾” blade has some sharpening and some light pitting, about 70% blue. Replaced scabbard.
25. Consignment GS~ WWII theater US M-3 Case , Guard marked , Full blade, guard and birdshead pommel are polished bright. Smooth leather handle. Unmarked M-6 style scabbard. All near mint.
26. US M-6 Bayonet, Aerial Cutlery Co. New in original box and wrapper. Package dated May 1961. Bayonet only—no scabbard was shipped in this package. Package has been carefully opened.
27. Consignment RR~ Spanish American War Dagger (possibly older) appears to be of Spanish colonial descent, given the three sided blade, no hollow grind, deep cusp on the scabbard mounts. It is likely that this knife had a frog or a chain hanger. Blade is 12 ¼” long and does have some small pitting spots on both sides of the blade. Wood handle is wire wrapped. Brass “S” guard, ferrel and pommel cap. I’m guessing that the scabbard is pigskin over wood with brass mounts. Knife is 16 ¾” overall and very well balanced. There have been examples of this knife with American Eagles engraved on the blade. Subic Bay has been a host to the World’s Navies for over 400 years. Given this knives age of 100-200 years old, it is in excellent condition. And it is a very interesting piece of U.S. Military history.
28. Consignment JH~ Vietnam Era Extremely Rare “Shining Brass” Buffalo Bill Presentation Knife. Engraved blade reads, “SSG KENNETH GARDENER, FOB #2, 1966-1967”. As you know, “Shining Brass” was the project designation for clandestine incursions into Laos by SOG. (Silvey, Vietnam, Pgs. 46, 47, 49. 9 ¾” blade is polished on the engraved side. Plated on both sides. Excellent plus condition. Spots on the blade are not rust or pitting, just spots.
29. Consignment JH~ Chrome 5th Special Forces Group Presentation Stiletto with original scabbard. Knife is 100%. Sheath has snap strap broken.
30. Consignment JH~ Randall Model 14—Late 70’s-early 80’s knife---The Stainless marked “Sawback” blade is 7 1/2” long and has some very light sharpening marks along the cutting edge. There are some minor scratches towards the tip. It has the optional forward curved double hilt and a single finger grip micarta handle with thong hole. It comes with a nice Johnson rough back sheath with an orange stone.----Nice Randall.
Sale Pending ~ Consignment ~ DS ~ This knife definitely contains the WOW factor!! WWII Jolly Roger Stone Knife. Using a Collins V-44 style No. 18 Bowie blade with some age and sharpening. Comes with a very nice #13 Collins sheath. At some point in its past, it has been lightly cleaned….(This is addressed in the Letter of Authenticity from Stone, Jr.) The story of the Jolly Roger is also explained in the letter (see photo). Excellent plus condition. One of the most unique Stone knives that I’ve seen. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM.
SOLD---------------------------Consignment ~ DS ~ WWII Era EVERITT Knuckle Knife. Green handle version. Blackened 6 5/8” blade appears unsharpened. A good bit of chipping on the green handle. Proper original sheath. Strap and snap intact. NOTE: NO PAYPAL ON THIS ITEM.
"Note: I Am Always Interested In Buying Your Collection"
SOLD----------------------------------------WWII Australian See-Through Handle Fighting Knife-----The blade is 6" long
with some age darkening and sharpening marks. The handle has a couple minor
dings and has been cleaned. It comes with a WWII leather scabbard that could
be original to the knife. One of the throat rivets has pulled loose. Ref:
Cole IV pg 40-------Quite Rare-----$ 375.00
2. WWII Theater Knuckle Knife----The double edge blade is 7 1/4" long and in
excellent condition. The aluminum handle is cast to the blade. The handle is
excellent with no damage. It comes with the original and very well made
sheath that is complete. Ref: Silvey WWII pg 171 and Wright--Theater Knives
pg 78------$ 475.00
Note: No Paypal On This Item.
3. Mike Silvey Fighter----Mint-----The
blade is 7" long and has the Silvey mark near the ricasso. It has a nickel
silver double guard. The handle is a very nice piece of Sanbar stag with an
aluminum pommel with thong hole. It comes with the original, well made
scabbard that is tooled and riveted.------Nice Mint Fighter------$ 625.00
4. WWII Kabar Mark 2----Exc
Plus-----The blade is 7" long and marked "Ka-Bar" on one side and "USN" on
the other. The blade is unused but has one surface spot on one side and
three on the other. It is possible they will clean off. The handle is Exc
Plus with no damage. It has the thick pommel with a rectangular peened tang.
It comes with the original scabbard that is also in Exc Plus condition and
complete. Ref: Cole III pg 87 #5------Scarce Kabar Mark 2----$ 250.00
5. Vietnam Era Steffens
Knife----The blade is 6 1/8" long and marked "Steffens". I don't see any
sharpening marks but it does have pin head type pitting on both sides. The
gray marbled handle is in nice condition and marked "Made In U.S.A.". It
comes with a nice leather scabbard that looks to be original to the knife.
Scarce knife that is a cousin to the Delta Knife-----$ 125.00
6. WWII Case V-44 Survival Knife----Exc Plus----The blade is 93/8" long and in
excellent condition. The handle is also in excellent condition with one ding
on the butt end corner. It comes with the original scabbard with a couple
edge cuts near the tip from the blade. Ref: Cole III pg 137 #2-------$
SOLD--------------------------------------------WWII Pal M1 Bayonet Converted
To Fighting Knife---The blade is 9 7/8" long with use, sharpening and
pitting. It has the Pal mark at the ricasso. Original grips replaced
with wood grips. It comes with a later made leather scabbard that was made
for the knife.-----$ 50.00
8. Vietnam Special Forces "Square" Tip Bolo-----The
blade is 9" long and in excellent condition. It has some sharpening marks
along the cutting edge otherwise it is in Exc Plus condition. The wood handle is in exc plus
condition with no damage. It comes with the original wood insert scabbard
that is also in excellent condition. The only damage is the cut grip strap.
Ref: Cole III pg 168-----Nice Rare Bolo-----$ 550.00
9. SOLD---------------------------------------WWII Geneva Forge Mark 1----Exc
Plus----The bright blade is 5 1/16" long and in exc plus condition. There is
some very light and faint sharpening marks right at the cutting edge but no
rust or pitting. It is correctly marked "U.S.N." on one side and blank on
the other. The leather handle is clean and solid with a couple light dings.
The wood pommel is perfect with no damage. It comes with a minty USN MK1
scabbard that is complete. Ref: Cole III pg 82 #27-----Scarce Mark 1-----$
SOLD----------------------------------------Vietnam 1969 Gerber Mark
II-----Exc Condition-----The blade is 6 3/4" long with the Gerber mark on
one side and "10562" on the other. The blade is in exc condition with light
sharpening marks and except for the sharpening marks it retains its original
finish. There is no rust or pitting. The black guard and pommel have a
couple rub marks. The armorhide handle is in excellent condition. It comes
with the correct early right shoulder strap scabbard--snap works fine. It
also has the Gerber steel with the large lettering (I'm thinking it should
have the small lettering steel). The pistol belt hooks have been
removed.-----Nice 69 Gerber----$ 625.00
11. WWII EGW Fighting Knife-----The blade
is 7 3/8" long with some crude sharpening. It is marked "E.G.W. /
Knife" at the ricasso. The letter handle is clean and solid. It
comes with the original sheath that has a name on the face and
marked "227S" at the top. The snap works fine. Ref: Cole III pg
Randall Model 14----Mint-----The optional Sawback blade is 7 5/8"
long and unused. It has an optional Forward Curved Hilt. The handle
is black micarta with a slight green tint. It comes with a mint
Johnson Rough Back sheath that is complete with early unmarked
orange stone and all para cord lacings. This would be a late 70's
knife.------Very Nice Randall-------$ 600.00
SOLD----------------------------------Vietnam Era Frazier made FZR marked
M7 Bayonet-----Mint-----The blade is 6 3/4" long and unused. The
guard is marked "U.S. M7" and "FZR". The plastic grips have no
damage. It comes with a minty M8A1 scabbard. Ref: Cole III pg
117-----Rare M7 Bayonet------$ 250.00
14. WWII M4 Utica
Bayonet----Minty----The blade is 6 3/4" long and unused. The guard
is marked "U.S.M4 / Utica". The leather handle is in excellent plus
condition. It comes with an early M8A1 scabbard without the metal
tip. It also has the original rawhide tie-down. Ref: Cole III pg 107
SOLD---------------------------------------WWII Western Shark-----The blue blade is 5
3/4" long with some very light sharpening marks. It has the Western
mark at the ricasso. The leather handle has some minor dings. It
comes with the original Western double stitch scabbard that is
16. WWII Theater Knuckle Knife----The
heavy double edge blade is 8 5/8" long. It has some age darkening
spots and a little pin-head pitting. The knuckle bow is heavy brass
with three brass points. The handles are made of a thick fiber
material and pinned with two brass pins. It comes with the original
heavy leather scabbard that is complete with pistol belt hooks.
----Nice Rig------$ 500.00
Note: No Paypal On This item.
17. Vietnam Unmarked Marble's
Pilots Knife----Interesting and unique knife. The blue blade is 6"
long and totally unmarked----but is definitely a Marble's knife.
There is some light sharpening but no rust or pitting. The guard is
tight and the leather handle is clean and solid with a couple minor
dings. It comes with the original scabbard that has a grey stone and
leather tie-down. The grip strap has been moved to the belt loop
area. Ref: Cole III pg 149-----Neat Knife------$ 325.00
18. Gerber Mark II---1980 Mint In The
Box----The blade is 6 7/8" long and mint. It has the Gerber mark on
one side and "099244" on the other. The black handle is perfect. It
comes with a mint Gerber marked leather sheath complete with
lacings. The original box contains the Gerber booklet dated 6/80,
foam liner and plastic sleeve for the scabbard. The box is marked to
the knife. -------Mint------$ 365.00
WWII Pal RH 36----Nice-----The blade is 6" long and in excellent condition.
It has the Pal mark at the ricasso. The leather handle is clean and solid.
It comes with the original scabbard with initials in the belt loop area "WGT".
The snap works fine. Ref: Cole III pg 67--------$ 105.00
SOLD------------------------------------WWII--Vietnam Theater Fighting
Knife---Exc ----The plated blade is 6 3/8" long with very light sharpening
marks. It has an aluminum guard and pommel. The handle is made of micarta
spacers. It comes with a nice original leather scabbard.-----$
Buck Model 119 with original box-----The blade is 6" long with some
sharpening marks. It has the Buck mark at the ricasso. It comes with the
original Buck marked scabbard. The box includes the Use and Care
Special Forces Mill Scale Round Tip Bolo----Mint----The early Mill Scale
finish blade is 11" long and mint. The wood handles are perfect with
original leather thong. It comes with the correct and minty 2 rivet sheath.
Ref: Silvey Vietnam pg 40-----Mint Early Round Tip Bolo-----$ 525.00
23. WWII USMC Medical Corpsmen
Knife-----Minty-----The blade is 11 3/8" long and unused, It is marked "U.S.M.C.
/ Chatillion,N.Y.". The wood handles are held with 3 brass rivets. It comes
with an original scabbard that is marked "USMC / Boyt / 44". Ref: Cole
III pg 42 #3--------Minty-----$ 225.00
24. WWII US Navy Survival Kit
Knife-----The blade is 4 3/4" long with careful sharpening up to the center
line. It is marked with a nice deep stamp "United / G.R. Mich.". The saw
blade is complete and unused. The grips are fine with no damage. Ref: Cole
III pg 141 #3-----$ 90.00
WWII Case Army Air Force Survival Machete----The blue blade is 10" long with
light sharpening and finish loss. The blade is marked "Case XX". The wood
handles are in excellent condition with no damage. It comes with the
original blade guard. Ref: Cole III pg 139 #5--------$ 100.00
"A NEW BOOK"---SOG
Knife Collector is a new
book by Michael W. Silvey in the military knife series. It covers a narrow
area of collecting and helps the collector identify honest specimens and
dis-tinguish them from fakes. The for-mat is 8.5 inches by 11 inches and is
all in color. The soft cover book is less than fifty pages but includes all
the know variations of SOG knives. The information covered by this book will
be valuable to both the new and advanced collector. The printing is limited
to 2,000 copies. The book retails for $20 plus shipping. Whole-sale prices are available
Reference Book-----"The Randall
Chronicles" by Pete Hamilton. Hardbound with dust jacket----160 pages. Many
pictures of the shop and making of Randall knives. Dating knives by spacers, stones,
sheaths, etc. Also shows many rare Randall's. --$ 50.00
82. Reference Book--KNIVES of the
83. Reference Book--Pocket Knives of the
84. FAKE F/S--The following information is being
presented in the hope that other collectors will not get burnt:
For information or questions contact:
Send us your
Send us your "top three" wants for your collection, that way we will know what you are looking for. Send your wants to both Gary and John.
Terms of Sale
* Payment in
certified funds (Bank Checks, Money Orders)
*PAYPAL Accepted (except for knuckle knives, switchblades,
butterfly knives and other Paypal prohibited knives)
* Standard three day Inspection Period
* Buyer Pays all postage and insurance
These items are sold as a
historical and collectible items only. The items are warranted to be as described and
shown in the photographs. No guarantee or warranty is expressed or implied as to the
usability of the items for its original purpose. The buyer, certifies that he or she is of
lawful age and is not prevented by any law from the purchase or possession of these items.
The buyer is responsible for knowing, understanding and obeying all International,
Federal, State and Local laws concerning the purchase and possession of these items.
Back to Top
John Sabol's Gerber Mark II Site
U.S. Military Knives
The Dog Tag
Vietnam War Militaria
Elite Military Knives
M9 Bayonet-Survival Knife
From the Collection of John Gibson